How Can I Download This OSM Map?

Started by phoneguy100, January 14, 2012, 22:04:32

phoneguy100

Hi all.

I have the vector download addon for Locus but there is a hiking and biking map on OSM which shows countryside paths and routes etc.

It can be seen on this site....  http://hikebikemap.de/

Does anyone know of a way I can download the 'hike and bike map' for Great Britain/England please as I prefer it over the one that Locus downloads with the vector plugin.

MANY thanks.
  •  

gynta

vector download addon is for offlinemaps.
the great hike&bike maps are onlinemaps.

phoneguy100

Thanks gynta
I understand that.
But is there no way of downloading from any other way the hike&bike map?
  •  

gynta

use download in the mapmenu

phoneguy100

it wont allow it and there is no way to put in the website address to get Locus to look at it.
  •  

gynta

show the hike&bike map
(maybe first have to install https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... usmaptweak)
then u can select download in the mapmanager.

phoneguy100

many thanks gynta.
I have that plugin already installed.
The problem is... how do I get Locus to look at the link for hike&bike I provided?
I tried to download the 'hiking' map that is listed in Locus but a error came up telling me the map hoster will not allow downloads.
As for that hike&bike map - I have no idea how to even view it in Locus :-(
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "phoneguy100"..that is listed in Locus...
where you can see that?

phoneguy100

that is in the maps section under the online tab, the map is 'OSM - regional openhikingmap' but the download function will not allow downloading for offline use which is why I want to somehow grab that bike&hike OSM map.
  •  

gynta

the downloadlimit is 10.000 Tiles / day

phoneguy100

many many thanks gynta.  How did you get the hike&bike map into Locus?
  •  

gynta

?
i select the map :)

phoneguy100

How?
I only have the openhiking map in Locus and have no idea how to get that bike&hike map into Locus.
All I know is that the bike&hike map is a URL on my PC - It does not show in Locus and I have no idea how to get it to show like you have,
Thanks for all your help but I am stuck now.  lol
  •  

gynta

Your Version of Locus is?
Is the map in the setting enabled?
settings/map/online maps

phoneguy100

excellent - thanks gynta....

I have Locus Pro and its the up to date version. 1.15.5

I feel daft now - I didnt realise I had to tick box it in the settings - cheers  :D

So, I can zoom out and select an area to download that is 10 tiles big per day.  I do that over the space of a week and I should be able to store that map for offline use?  Am I right?
  •