[APP] - version 1.16.x

Started by Menion, January 12, 2012, 18:52:16

joeloc

load your biggest rmap.
move to its top border, so that about 50% of the screen is white.
create a waypoint in the white part so that you can see/feel the slowness.
move the map around.
notice how smooth it is (by watching the waypoint) when parts of the map are still visible.
notice how slow and jumpy and sluggish it becomes when the whole map is offscreen (you move around the white part).
  •  

Menion

ah sorry, I'll ask better :)

any progress in last version? Also please check if settings: menu > settings > map > map auto-load have impact on this. Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

dont know about 1.16.2... i can only use beta versions, not market versions :).

map-auto-load is turned off and 1.16.1.4 still has the problem. for example, i load a rmap of the canarian islands but move the cursor to munich/germany: locus becomes unusable instantly... even opening the main menu or selecting an item there will take 4 seconds. as long as the map screen (all white obviously) is visible, everything is more or less dead.
  •  

joeloc

1.16.1.4... all my vector maps are gone! locus doesnt see any .map file it seems :-(
  •  

gynta

hey menion

Locus Pro 1.16.3 on my SGTab.
Settings screen.
Can u plz resize the menu-lines-height?
See screenshots new vs oldstyle:

Menion

hmm this is really stupid. Every company that create phones/tablets change GUI in their way. Left panel is generated automatically and sizes are defined by style builded in tablet. On Xoom it looks correct ...

is left panel at least scrollable? If so, then this is just a cosmetic issue ...
  •  

gynta

strange. the gui looks different.
the checkboxes, the topics,...
what ever! i'm just waiting for the Androidupdate...

Menion

yes it looks ... on Xoom is default android looks (it's 4.0.3 version but 3.2 looks same), you have GUI modified by Samsung. And seems that's modified a lot ...
  •  

berkley

Hey,
just telling, that menu setting looks nice on TF101 at default 3.2.1.
Cheers
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

joeloc

Might I repeat the issue that neither the latest beta nor the latest market version display any kind of vector map. I have plenty of *.map in my configured maps folders that worked flawlessly before. Does nobody else have this problem? What am I doing wrong? Thats quite a major showstopper here.
  •  

tramp20

The OSM vector maps from here:
http://www.vectormaps4locus.eu/the-maps
display all ok.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

joeloc

not for me. i dont even see them in the list. all raster maps (rmap etc) from the same directories show up nicely.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "joeloc"Does nobody else have this problem?
nope  :| maybe u can kick locus completely and then reinstall.

joeloc

i kicked it a lot already and nothing happened :-(.

menion, i still think you should add proper error handling for your map reading stuff. whenever your directory scanner finds a file and locus refuses to add it to its list of maps (wrong projection, too big, too small, memory troubles, whatever), i want to know about it. collect the error messages in a string and show a requester afterwards.

right now it's just fishing in the dark... nobody has a clue whats going on and why some files work and some others dont.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "joeloc"i kicked it a lot already
inkl. remove all Locus dirs (ext. mapdirs...)?
u know: "uninstall" means not "remove all".