[APP] - version 1.16.x

Started by Menion, January 12, 2012, 18:52:16

gynta

if i'm the only one user with this problem - i will wait for the next androidupdate. np.
I can change the settings already blind ;)

gynta

You're like a bloodhound. Finaly, you got it! :D
In version 1.16.2.2 there are no incorrect text representations.
and "Settings" has now white(grey) BG.

Menion

ah, perfect ... because this seems to cause more troubles on all 3.x androids, I'll release tomorrow or in monday one more version. So if anyone report any issue, post it as soon as possible. I'll then take some longer break with new release
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

W/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): initializeMapNew(), file:/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Maps/KMP-Alpen-DE-AUT-CH-IT-SLO.rmap

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): readHeader(), name:CompeGPSRasterImage

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): type:8, width:141049, height:55905, tileWidth:256, tileHeight:256, mapDataOffset:3314475851, paletteSize:0

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:0, 159

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:1, 2364637996

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:2, 3078374010

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:3, 3259901994

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:4, 3302008424

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:5, 3311663300

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:6, 3313841769

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:7, 3314330748

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:8, 3314441201

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:9, 3314466990

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): setZoom:10, 3314473836

W/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): header readed

D/FileMapTypeRMap( 9448): readMapData(3314475851), pos:159

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448): constructor()

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448): java.io.IOException: Value too large for defined data type

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.seek(Native Method)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at dalvik.system.BlockGuard$WrappedFileSystem.seek(BlockGuard.java:210)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(RandomAccessFile.java:705)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.maps.b.o.a(L:223)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.maps.b.o.a(L:107)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.maps.b.f.<init>(L:90)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.maps.b.o.<init>(L:67)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.maps.b.b.a(L:114)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.maps.b.b.c(L:427)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at menion.android.locus.core.bc.doInBackground(L:1)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:306)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1088)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:581)

E/FileMapTypeAbstract( 9448):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)
  •  

Szczepanik

Menion thank you for the continual improvements to Locus. When I exit from  Locus 1.16.2, I sometimes get taken to a blank white screen and have to press the back button again to fully exit.  :(
Quote from: "menion"21.1.2012 - Locus 1.16.2
Cheers
Tom
  •  

Menion

Joe,
 seems like this issue - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=21696 , do you have possibility to test your huge map on device above A3.x? because I don't have any RMAP bigger then 2GB to test

Szczepanik,
  you're of course welcome. If you discover exact method how to achieve this bug, I'll fix it. Anyway I think that it should be when you change in settings something that needs restart of locus (language for example). It also happen on one my phone ... damn, have to fix it
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...I don't have any RMAP bigger then 2GB...
...and nobody need it. :roll:
i read it: DE-AUT-CH-IT-SLO
Wtf - in one day have been changed hundred roads, sidewalks, paths,...
This map never can be up to date.
It is better to have several parts.

joeloc

no honeycomb or better here to test yet... that will have to wait a bit until ics reaches the galaxy note. i remember vaguely reading something about a way around a 2gb gingerbread limit using some sort of memorymapped(?) file access, but i cant find it anymore now.

oh well, it's probably not worth bothering if it will start working automagically on ics.
  •  

joeloc

btw... talking about debug output. i believe Locus fails to use the pressure sensor in the Galaxy Note. probably only minimal changes are necessary to support that, it cannot be much different from the nexus. Any hint on what debug output i might look for?
  •  

Menion

hmm don't know before, memory-mapped system but I'm worried this will also not help in android. Maybe yes, but this haver really too low priority. You may add it as idea on getsatisfaction, maybe there will be a lot of people interested

about barometer. Why you think it do not work correctly just on Note? Maybe it's generic problem of Locus. So describe me please little bit your issue ...
  •  

joeloc

Well... I have enabled the pressure sensor but my tracks look just as rubbish as always... altitude is jumping in typical gps fashion. I cant really tell for sure obviously, since Locus doesnt give any hint whether it uses the sensor. You might want to add some field for the current pressure sensor value somewhere.
  •  

Menion

you may simply check it by

menu > sensors > pressure-calibration

and here select "altitude" and set there some value. By pressing "Confirm" you should see computed values of calibrated pressure that will be used.
So if you set altitude 100m, Locus will take current pressure value and compute "pressure at sea level" value. This will be used for altitude compute

I think, that you can for example test pressure, if you insert altitude +1000 to your current value. Then you'll see all altitudes +1000 above real value, so you'll see if altitude is from pressure sensor or not

PS1: how should I call you? Stefan or Joeloc? - I'm little bit confused.
PS2: thanks for email: I was thinking about creating some separate screen (something like compass screen) just for pressure sensor. Something like old wall barometer :)
PS3: ah, please change once forever my email to locus(@)asamm.com
  •  

joeloc

ok... seems 1.16.4 uses the pressure sensor after all, at least on manual calibration.

an old-style barometer might be visually appealing and pretty. more useful would probably be a graph where you plot gps altitude against pressure sensor, ie for checking weather developments. but i'm not an expert on that, better let some meteorology guys speak :).

btw... locus still has a *serious* bug when an RMAP is completely off screen. it slows to a CRAWL even on 2x1400MHZ. 1.16.4 for example needs 5 (five!) seconds just to open the main menu right now, the whole thing is completely unusable.

everything is FINE as soon as the map is at least partially on screen.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"that's how all setting in locus looks like ... right, almost all, not all looks like this now....problem and change comes with some more complicated settings. What about these? (on screenshots) ... they're too complicated to basic system that allow android.
btw....  :roll:

Menion

just a detail :) anyway thanks ...

joe, what about maps? RMAP problem outside of map?
  •