Main Menu

Navigation

Started by jctmarques, January 21, 2011, 13:14:29

jctmarques

Hello.
I think I read all the topics in forum but didn't find anything regarding Road Navigation,
Would it be nice if Locus calls any external application to navigate to a point? (Like c:geo does in Turn by Turn Navigation to a cache)
If it has any way of doing that I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks and keep the excelent work.
Joao
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  it's nice idea. I added it into context menu of points. Try it in beta version please

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=159
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

knshaikh

Hi,

would it be possible to create a route and download it for offline use, just like the maps? currently what i do is that I create a kml route file and import it as an overlay, and follow it for Navigation. This method would save me a couple of steps and would add more value to the application.

Thank you.
  •  

Menion

this is already in testing version, but it's little unfriendly actually ...
  •  

knshaikh

I am sure you would be able to make it user friendly with your skill, do let us know once you release this feature and we will be more than happy to test and give you the feedback.  :D

Thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm not so sure but I'll try :) Anyway, this feature is in today published version 0.9.16. You just have to draw path manually and third button on bottom panel is what you need. Actually it's just for testing, I do not wrote much about it.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "jctmarques"I think I read all the topics in forum but didn't find anything regarding Road Navigation,....

For road navigation you must use/have vector maps. Locus is using raster maps. The only way for road navigation without paying for a vector map at the moment I think, is using Openstreetmap data. But it works only in the Garmin format at the moment.  

Regards Jürgen
Regards J.
  •  

knshaikh

hi,

what i mean is that creating route in locus, selecting destination point and create route, just like in google maps. Google Navigation doesnt work in many countries, including Malaysia. once route is created, an option to save it for offline use is very useful.  :)
  •