Reset A-GPS data always successful

Started by elmuSSo, January 10, 2012, 06:11:27

elmuSSo

Hi. Why "Reset A-GPS data" is always successful? Even if I turn off all internet connections? This is at least strange.
  •  

Menion

thanks, checked, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

elmuSSo

Quote from: "menion"thanks, checked, fixed

Cool. Is there any way to see this A-GPS data. In some readable form. I was always wondering what exactly is there and what exactly is being updated. Can you also add some automatic A-GPS updates every X days?
  •  

Menion

I don't think that this is necessary. A-GPS data are only more precise orbit parameters of satellites. They are useful only for more quick gain of GPS Fix and mainly, system should handle A-GPS data itself. Anyway I cannot display these data, even a reset of A-GPS is quite a hack to system, not a regular function supported by android. Data are probably stored in some private database so even for just display, root will be needed for sure
  •  

elmuSSo

Not the situation is reversed. When Im clicking on this option - A message is shown: "Request sent". And thats it. I dont have any confirmation that the operation was successful. There should be some tiny information showing what is the status of the request or when the A-GPS data was updated last time.  The information shouln't be in form of Toast, because it is very easy to miss it.
  •  

Menion

I neither have some confirmation. Only what I do is say to system "hey, try to load new A-GPS data". That's all ..
  •