Locus crashes seconds after every start

Started by idk, January 08, 2012, 17:49:16

idk

Hi. A couple of days ago, locus crashed while I was checking my location on a trip. Since then, it crashes every time, just seconds after I open it. It starts, i can see the "refreshing" icon in the top bar, and then it crashes.
I attached the crash log, if that helps. It was very unfortunate today, because it was actually the first time I really 'needed' it instead of just playing around  :cry:

Any idea why and how I can fix it? Unfortunately, I can not go online with the android device. I'm typing this on a laptop with a cable connection.
  •  

Menion

hi Idk, you have quite old version!

this issue is already fixed in new version anyway if you need old version, just delete cache/maps/vector directory. Also count that after some time of using vector maps, this directory will be again filled with data and this error may occur again.

hope this helps
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

idk

Oh thanks! Yeah that worked. You're right. As soon as I'm back home on my WiFi Connection I'll update Locus again.

PS: Because I can not go online with the android device (for a while). Is it possible to get the apk file of the updated version on google market somehow? So then I can copy it onto the device with the laptop.
  •  

Menion

sending email ... check it after a while
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

idk

It worked. Thank you!!! You're awesome!!!!  8-)
  •