Display distance numbers according to screen orientation

Started by GOF007, January 06, 2012, 12:33:19

GOF007

Locus rotating those distance numbers (on Distance rings, Line to GPS~~~). It is difficult to read when those number are upside down.
I think it is better to fix the number display position according to screen orientation.
  •  

elmuSSo

Exactly, I was thinking to write about that. Sometimes to check 'what value has this time ring' I need to move a screen a lot.

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

Menion

don't understand. All texts are correctly oriented at my phone, so when I hold it in hands, no matter what screen orientation is (landscape, portrait) and no matter how is map rotated, texts are still correctly placed towards me ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

GOF007

This is what I mean.
The numbers can go upside down.

** I may remove the picture after sometime.

***EDIT
Now the distance rings are rotate according to device compass(which also rotate the number).
  •  

Menion

damn, I play with app as much as possible, and this never happen for me ... what are you doing? :) ... how to solve it? are there some conrecte step that leads to this issue?
  •  

GOF007

Enable hardware compass.
Show view(enable by Rotate button).
And you need to get a GPS lock so the distance rings show up.
When you rotate your phone the orange view indicator will move according to the compass, I think this make the distance rings move too.

For the number on Line to GPS seem to always rotate according to the degree (so it can get upside down at some degree).

** At first I think the rotation of distance rings were intended lol.
  •  

Menion

ah, got it ... it's as you wrote, only when you enable "Show view". When you enable "Rotate map" all is fine ... so fixed
  •