Main Menu

GC API

Started by Yahp, January 05, 2012, 22:05:32

Yahp

Hi Menion,

with the new update the geocaching api is working for me too ;) Thanks for that.

I have however a few remarks for consideration.

- during logging a cache to fieldnotes one will get the question (online-log, online-fieldnote, offline-fieldnote) each and every time. Would be nice to have a preselection here that is configurable or something.
- the same feature as above, during selection there is no way to abort the process (granted it's not missed that much ;) )
- upload of fieldnotes. Now all entries are unmarked. I would consider all entries marked more useful.

As for the download of pocketquerries. Seems to work fine. I'm still dreaming about some cool way of automation of let's say regular download of pocketquerries to certain well defined poi categories :)

Best regards
  •  

Yahp

Hi Menion,

any ideas on this :)
  •  

Menion

hi,
1)  in new version, you can enable "Always log offline" in settings, which always store Field note automatically and do not ask with this dialog. I was thinking about possibility to select also automatic online log, but rather I keep current dialog. You'll be at least sure, what happen with your log :)

2) this is intent, because
  - you create log, press OK.
  - field note is created and you now see dialog, what to do
    - when you select log online or store field note online, locus will try to upload your log and in case of success, delete created field note on card (also new settings to disable this behaviour)
    - when you select store offline, dialog just disappear, nothing more. Field note is already created

so, and finally, why dialog cannot be cancel: as I wrote above, in time dialog appear, field note is already created. So dialog cannot be cancel because I want to notice user that something already happen and he must to choose what to do next. Hmm, probably it's not the best solution? If I create dialog cancelable, I can act as if pressed "Store offline"?

3) all entries marked ... done

automatic download and import ... it's not so bad right now correct? :D
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Yahp

Hi,

1)  in new version, you can enable "Always log offline" in settings

Nice, helps a lot. Useful for me and maybe three other people around the world :) Thanks.

2) this is intent, because

I understand you now. With 1) solved I am satisfied however.

3) all entries marked ... done

Great! Works well.

4) automatic download and import ... it's not so bad right now correct?

Behaves strangely right now. Pocket querry has been created yesterday (1000 entries) and is available for download @ gc.com. Locus keeps telling me that there is nothing for download available... Don't know why. Linkup with gc.com works fine, upload of fieldnotes is working fine. Don't know.

About automatic, I am dreaming even further, like locus checking regularly for new pocketquerries and importing them the a predefined category. Or something like that. But that's not essential. Just dreaming ;)

Kind regards
  •  

Menion

post dreams on www.getsatisfaction.com/locus ... who knows how many people have same dreams :)

and glad almost all work fine now. Only about downloading issue ... some problem on groundspeak site (seems like), read here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1529
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Yahp

Hi!

if you insist, I'll move on to getsatisfaction, although that sounds more like duelling someone.

Regards
  •