TODO list

Started by Menion, January 04, 2012, 16:36:50

Szczepanik

For your info UserVoice is being used by CyanongenMod to request features or providing ideas and feedback for CM9's launcher, Trebuchet for Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (Ice Cream Sandwich)
http://trebuchet.uservoice.com/forums/1 ... uggestions
Cheers
Tom

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

thanks ...

hmm, I'm still thinking how to do it best ...

I'm little worried that using uservoice will separate communication between forum and uservoice and this will create complete mess. I'm trying improve current system here on forum to be more "user-friendly". Started by Wishlist, separating topics "in progress" to some subcategories ... this should work fine I think. Only main think that I miss is some voting system like on uservoice. This is excellent tool to help determine which topic should have priority.

Hope you're not too much frustrated from my experiments :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

I think it's cool that you're interested in what the user wants and to know exactly which features are important to the most users.
It's normal you play around a bit with systems, we'll play along :)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...I'm little worried that using uservoice will separate communication between forum and uservoice...
agree
facebook, twitter, usergroup, website, forum, uservoice,...
too much.
website is nice (very nice), but i never use this site.
I think uservoice will suffer the same fate.

btw.
on market:
locus free
why is forum.xda-developers.com your weblink?

Menion

I'm quite confuse ...

current solution: I'm not quite satisfied with this
  main disadvantages I see:
   - I do not see priority of wishes and issues
   - I cannot simply set if topic is solved etc...
   - you cannot simply tracks which bugs are fixed and which not
   - also whole forum thanks to a lot of topics is going to be little bit .. confusing

so I think that another solution is really need.

During today more then one day search I ...

uservoice
 - is not a good idea. Only usable as wishlish, too expensive, no simply possibility to add another moderator (same price as for new forum)

zoho - https://discussions.zoho.com/locus#Home
  - alternative to this phpBB forum ... seems like more intuitive and much easy to use. Can handle all ... issue tracker, wishlish, questions and discussions. On second side, it do not have too much possibilities, with lot of topics should be also confusing

GetSatisfaction - http://getsatisfaction.com/locus
  - as I search, probably my favorite. Seems to have all necessary stuff, allow good administration, searching, possibility to "rate" topic, been notified when something change, etc ...

so what you think? any other tips?

I just think that some better system should be welcome, not just for new users but also for you. Something like you post some new request, other may rate it, when I see that a lot of people want this, I'll do it and you'll be notified about progress ...
  •  

Menion

... changed first post ...
  •  

Szczepanik

You asked "so what you think? any other tips?"
This interesting post by Roman Nurik is about Improving App Quality
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/ ... ality.html
He mentions that "there are some great support tools out there that can put you in touch with your users directly such as Google Groups, Zoho Discussions, getsatisfaction.com and uservoice.com."
My request would be to make sure that RSS and Tapatalk are supported.  Preferably all in the same site. What was wrong with the Thanks button?  It makes it easy to support suggestions.
Cheers
Tom
  •  

Menion

hmm seems I discovered all suggested tools, fine ...

problem with Thanks button was that if was not displayed in other, then default skin. And when I played with this addon a little, it always corrupted complete database of phpBB and then almost nothing works correctly ... so rather this skin then Thanks button

also problem for me is with this forum itself. Imagine some really basic user with not much experience of such forums (I think at least 75% of users). When he comes here, he have to be confused from a lot of topic and not-well sorted informations. Also need for registration in these days ... hmm. GetSatisfaction (or UserVoice) simply display relevant topic when you write question so you don't need to write it again if question is already there. I can simply set topic as solved or planned and you'll be notified about it and more and more. I'll keep this forum for communication with you all, for solving more complicated topics but for basic users, I would really prefer something others ...

I see it also on email support. There is around 10 or more emails per day and many of them asks on same questions. I believe then this number will be reduced when there will be some quality knowledge base ... at least I hope :)
  •  

berkley

Hi there,

as i played around a bit with getsatisfaction, I could live with that solution. Accidentaly I stumbled over http://moodle.org/ which is supposed to be an open source learning system for schools. There are some modules available which can turn this system in something similar to what you are looking for. There is a nice demo site available http://demo.moodle.net/
Maybe it is a cheaper alternative to getsatisfaction. But it has to be set up correctly. Which costs some time...

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •