Some informations from Locus on locked screen

Started by jusc, December 30, 2011, 07:58:37

jusc

Hi menion,

with the SGS2 you are able to handle the FM-Radio even if the main screen is locked.
So if I´m walking with the phone in the pocket, it would nice to get some quick informations without unlocking the display and probably switch to Locus.
Is it possible to get some informations from Locus on the locked screen too? I think about informations for speed and recorded track distance like the Locus track recording widget?
Regards J.
  •  

berkley

Hi Jusc,

there is the possibility to switch off the unlocking screen, when Locus is active. Should mean:

- Go to Locus settings "General//Allgemein"
- Enable "Disable Lockscreen//Lockscreen verhindern"
- Go back to the Map View Screen
- Put your device to sleep
- Awake it again and see the result: No Lockscreen has to be activated!

So, if you walk with your phone in the pocket and tap the home screen button, you'll see whole Locus without unlocking the screen. For the case, you use Locus in Full Screen mode, you can display time and battery stats in the top panel.

Isn't this cool? :D

Note:
This only works with the stock unlock screen. If you have any other Lock Screen App like "MiLocker" or GoLocker", it won't work.

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

berkley

Oh and I forget the most coolest thing on this story...

Locus has a built-in screen lock!
You can simply add it to your right panel...

So you even don't have to be afraid of touching any wrong buttons while your phone gets activated by accident!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

Hi,

thank you for answer. I tested it and yes it´s cool.  :)  This szenario I will use for the next trekking tour.
But that´s not what I want. P. e. if I ´m running I would like to take the phone out of my pocket, tap on "Home" button and would like to get some quick informations like: Distance, Speed and Elapsed time with only this one "click". The fonts should be big enough to read whithout stopping and taking my glasses out of my other pocket.  :mrgreen:  In this szenario it´s not always necessary to use a map, but use the phone a bit more like a GPS watch like the Garmin Forrunner https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=348
Regards J.
  •  

stebu

Hi,

If you use a suitable skin (custom screen see //http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=578) this would enable you to see the information fields with just one click.
  •  

jusc

Hi guys,

thanks for answer.
Custom screens seem to be a solution I´ll play a bit with.
Regards J.
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "berkley"Isn't this cool? :D

It certainly would be, except that it does not appear to work on my Nexus 1. The screen always locks.  :(

Happy New Year anyway though  :D
  •  

berkley

Are you using a lock screen app?

Quote from: "berkley"Note:
This only works with the stock unlock screen. If you have any other Lock Screen App like "MiLocker" or GoLocker", it won't work.

Lock screen apps are not really lock screens. They use the same mechanism that Locus uses or that each user can use on its device himself: --> "disable stock lock screen". When you install a lock screen app, you have to enable this app. At the same time, the stock lock screen gets deactivated and the app gets associated with actions like "pressing home button", "pressing power on/off button" or better "start the app when the device awakes". All they do is, that they provide the imagination of changing the lock screen.
This is the reason, why it is currently not possible to use the Locus feature "Disable Lockscreen" in combination with an Lock screen app.

I don't know, how much work it'll be, to implement all the lock screen apps, which are capable of being deactivated by an other app like Locus...
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "berkley"Are you using a lock screen app?

I have set an unlock pattern, but that is all. Perhaps that is a lock screen app, albeit one that comes with stock Android?
  •  

berkley

That's it... may you disable this unlock pattern, just to try out?

Unlock Patterns and Lock Screens are not the same... ;)
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

rijackson741

Yes it works if the unlock pattern is disabled. I suppose it makes sense that Locus can't override the security settings.
  •  

elmuSSo

I'm using MIUI and I have the lockscreen pattern everytime I waking up my phone. I'm also using the app G-mon. When G-mon service is running it projects the some useful information just above my locksreen pattern. So I just need to see the pattern screen and on that screen I can see info from this app. It would be cool to have the same from Locus. To see the distance or speed there. Just above my unlock pattern.

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

Menion

seems like interesting IDEA but after some search, no helpful texts found ... hmm, maybe idea on getSatifaction ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •