Force Close when trying marker icon

Started by daled, January 19, 2011, 02:17:15

daled

Originally when I pressed on the little icon on the side of the screen (man holding flag) I was prompted to allow access to my google credentials. The first time I said "deny" because I wanted to understand what the credentials were for. After reading a bit I decided to try the feature (which allows the application to link with Google "My Tracks", correct?), but now whenever I tap the icon I get a notice about the feature being a beta feature and then the application does a force close.

I'm using version 0.9.3.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  first: this allow access to My Maps (http://maps.google.com/help/maps/mymaps/create.html), not My Tracks. If you have force close, may you please send me logs from Locus/logs directory! Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

daled

Sorry about my misstatement.  I intended to say "MyMaps", not "MyTracks".

What mechanism (email address or other upload) would you like me to use to send you the logs?
  •  

Menion

no problem :) best is on email mailto:locus@asamm.cz">locus@asamm.cz! Thanks ...
  •  

daled

OK.  I've emailed the log files for your examination.
  •  

Menion

Thanks daled for email. Hmm seems that this is problem in one external library that help me connect to google account and only on 2.1 phones. Grrr ... thanks, I have to find any fix!
  •  

vpa

I have two accounts one gmail and one Google Apps with transitioned account into Google infrastructure. When I select second account Locus ic force closed. I have three maps on this account, all are shared from another accounts. Google Maps has no problem with this. When I connect first of original accounts (gmail) in Locus, there is no problem, when I test second account (transitioned GApps too) on different device in Locus, there is no problem with this map too. It seems that Locus cannot work with shared maps?

Regards Vaclav
  •  

daled

Menion,
Thanks for your reply.  FYI, I loaded the latest version of Locus (0.9.6) and observe the force close continues even after a complete uninstall, removal of the locus directory and reinstall.

I'd love it if AT&T would push out the 2.2 version of Android for a number of reasons!

Hopefully you will find a fix.  Let me know if you want me to test something on my 2.1 phone.

Dale

P.S. I like the tracking feature.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys (vpa i merged you issue with this - both are same)

I hope that problem is now solved in testing version. I'll release new version on market today (probably) with this fix, so let me please know if all now works cause I don't have 2.1 phone in my hands ...
  •  

vpa

New version is without fc, but shared maps couldn't be loaded. Same map in owner's account works, in shared account it can be selected, but is not loaded, is unselected in list.
  •  

Menion

hmm,
  so may you share this map with me also? All maps I tried, works for me, so url for unselectable map is welcome. And also question ... did this map works in android google maps?
  •  

vpa

Quote from: "menion"hmm,
  so may you share this map with me also? All maps I tried, works for me, so url for unselectable map is welcome. And also question ... did this map works in android google maps?
Sent, please do not modify it.

Sent other map, shared, not mine.
  •  

Menion

So, as we spoke over jabber. There is any issue in My Maps library I use that throw error on 2.1 devices on some maps. Now it show dialog with some server response information and map will remain unselected. I'm sorry but as seems that My Maps will not be supported, there is a little chance that this will be fixed!
  •  

vpa

Menion, it's worse than we think. My Maps will remain, only My Maps API will be depricated at 31 January 2011, yes, next Tuesday. There will be no API to work with it. Fusion Tables are different and not equal service. Some things from My Maps are not possible in Fusion Tables. My Maps Editor and other apps will not work from 1st February 2011. http://code.google.com/apis/maps/docume ... forum.html

I found information, that Fusion tables will become a Google Docs app. http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... le-in.html . This is the way of sharing between users. Together with data layer and visual layer they are shown in Google Maps by different way than My Maps do.

But, I found that points in Google Maps (not in My Maps) are stored in Google Bookmarks. These points could be saved into My Maps manualy at computer. Maybe this way could be only way to add points into My Maps after 1st February.
  •  

daled

Menion,
Thanks for fixing the fc with Android 2.1 issue in 0.9.7. I can now load the My Maps into Locus successfully.

It would be nice if the interface to My Maps and the interface to the tracks in the database had the same features.  For example if you touch a track in the database it pops up a menu that lets you choose "map, edit, export and delete".

It would also be very useful if when you selected a track and went to the map, the map auto panned and zoomed to show the track (or at least there was some way to find the track easily on the map).
  •