Google My Maps issue

Started by sagrawal3, December 21, 2011, 18:00:51

Menion

Hello Steffen,
  for this is quite easy explanation. When you draw your track in Google Maps, you have enabled method that do not simply draw path between two points, but it also compute route between these points and you see it on map instead straight line like in Locus. Unfortunately when I in Locus download from My Maps data storage this track, I receive only points you defined by clicking, not the points Google computed. Also I don't see if between these points should be computed route or not, so unfortunately I don't see any simple way how to display same track in locus as you see in My Maps in this case, sorry.

problem is also then more then year, Google market My Maps system as deprecated, so it's not developed anymore and that means unfortunately that no new features or better API for apps like Locus will come ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

sh20

Hello, thank you for your quick answer.
But I have to contradict... ;-)
It works very fine when I import the kml-file exported in Google Maps in Locus Pro via Data > Tracks:
[attachment=0:1n253u0e]route.jpg[/attachment:1n253u0e]
It seems that Functions > Google MyMaps does not really work correctly, or at least it works somehow other than the file import. Is this a bug or a feature?
Do I have to write a wish on http://getsatisfaction.com/locus? The wish would be, that the Google import via WLAN or 2G/3G would render tracks the way the file import from smartphone does... :-)
Greetings,
Steffen
  •  

Menion

even a GetSatifaction topic with 100 votes cannot help here, sorry. Google over API really return only points you clicked, no more. So if you really want whole track, you have to use directly export from Google Maps, not My Maps feature in Locus
  •  

sh20

Okay, I think I got it now: It's not a problem of the import, the problem is that Google delivers different data when exporting a KML file or answering a request of Locus by the interface My Maps.
But is it not possible to create a convenience method for exporting a KML file in Google and download it to the smartphone and import it automatically to Locus? Locus has the acount data to log in in the Google acount and then perhaps could call the URI which is assigned to the KML export button?
Thank you and greetings,
Steffen
  •  

Menion

yes, it's problem with exported data, not with Locus itself

and some workaround ... I think it should be possible, but to be true, I think that MyMaps are as much used in Locus and this functionality is covered with more important task. So sorry, but I have to reject request on this task ... you may use export from Google My Maps to KML and then import manually into Locus
  •