Navigation

Started by m_and_m, December 19, 2011, 15:23:16

m_and_m

Hello!

I'm just trying Locus.

I went to Main menu / Functions / Navigate to, and I added the End point with "Pick on map". After this I picked on map the endpoint not too far from my current locale. And the Locus only said "Waiting...", nothing else. (GPS and Wifi were on)

What did I wrong.
I like Locus, it looks nice and promising for me.

Thx

Mate
  •  

berkley

Hi Mate,

I did everything exactly the way you told above (GPS was actually off, cause it isn't needed for this kind of navigation) and it works for me.
Route was successfully created! But finally I get the "Waiting..." too. This is logical, because Locus now tries to automatically navigate you to this route. Btw, it shows you a line with distance to the closest point on the navigation route. This mechanism is also used, when you are already on a navigation track and lost your way.
So I could imagine, that something went wrong with online route calculation. Please try again, it should work.
It is also possible, that you accidentaly picked a starting and/or ending point, that isn't mapped on the maps which are used to calculate route. So you can also try some different locations on some mainroads.

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

m_and_m

Hi Berkely!

Thank you for your quick reply!
I think the problem was that, the Wifi was too slow. I tried another, which was enough fast, and the route calculating was successful.

But, I have an question. Is the route calculating always connect to net, or can do it off-line? (When I travel in foreign countries, I don't want use data roaming, and I cannot find any wifi. I pre-load the map, but cannot pre-calculate all route)

Bye,
Mate
  •  

Menion

this is not yet possible. For track compute is needed internet connection
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

m_and_m

I see.
Meanwhile, I purchased the Pro version (taking advantage of today 50% discount :))
I hope, it will be good fellow-traveller of me!

Thx
  •  

Menion

sure will ;). If you'll have any issue, immediately write me. And also .. positive info is, that offline routing is planed by MapsForge library so maybe sometimes ... ;)
  •  

Szczepanik

Note that Androidpit did not spell the name of the Locus program correctly:

[Advent Calendar] Day 20: Loucs Pro 50% Off
//http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/blog/400813/Locus-Pro

but you can get it at the above link (found thanks to hanka!)

Cheers
Tom

P.S. cross posted to //http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20515902&postcount=312
  •  

Menion

thanks for cross-post ... I know about this mistake. Quite funny :)
  •