Utilizing EXTERNAL SD on new devices?

Started by dreamteam, December 18, 2011, 04:57:31

dreamteam

Edit: I found the thread about the "Data path" but I am still not sure whether locus will use it also as the standard "storage" path.

Hi

I have a new Galaxy Note which has a "internal" sd card and could have also a "external" sd card.

Is locus already prepared to use this external sd card for all storage actions?

The mounting point is "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/"

I do not know whether this is standard for all android devices which are using a internal and external sd .

I know I could set a folder to scan also for maps, but does this mean that locus is using this folder also for the storage of new maps?

Best regards

dreamteam
  •  

Menion

Nono, extra paths for maps, will still be used only for loading maps, not as main directory for placing downloaded maps.

/mnt/sdcard/external_sd is typical Samsung path to SD card, so you may try just take whole Locus directory and place it on this external card. This may work. Locus at start will search for directory on card, and if found, it will use it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

Is there any way to disable this automatism btw? I want Locus to leave the external sd card alone and stay internal, except for the map folders I configure manually.

Reason: I carry plenty gigabytes of maps with me on several micro sd cards. I keep changing them depending on what I do. Locus needs to stay on the internal storage with all its other data, otherwise everything gets messed up badly.
  •  

Menion

i have this in that way on SGS2. Just leave locus on internal memory, that's all ... when there will be directory in mnt/sdcard/locus, then this will work
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •