Compass in Locus in Galaxy Nexus/ICS

Started by packham, December 13, 2011, 12:18:00

packham

Hi. I'm wondering if Locus is fully compatible with Galaxy Nexus/ICS? The compass in Locus seems to be off by about 90 degree counter-clockwise.

As you can see in the screenshot. I was standing still and facing exactly north (used compass in GPS Status to verify it), but Locus showed I was facing West (the map wasn't rotated and North is the top). When I opened Google Maps it showed correctly that I was facing North so I think the problem might be with Locus using hardware compass in Galaxy Nexus. Any idea?

Yes, I have calibrated the compass using Tools in GPS Status.

•  

Menion

hi,
  seems like every phone has it's own orientation ... for this exist menu > settings > sensors > advanced settings and "Angle orientation modifiers ... where you can set for this 90° and this will fix this issue
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

packham

Quote from: "menion"hi,
  seems like every phone has it's own orientation ... for this exist menu > settings > sensors > advanced settings and "Angle orientation modifiers ... where you can set for this 90° and this will fix this issue

Hi menion, Thanks! For some reason the value was set to 270 by default. When I set it back to zero the map orientates correctly now :)
  •  

Menion

Ah thanks, my stupid mistake :). I detect if device is tablet just by "is device API 3.0 or higher? if so, it's tablet and set rotation to 270" ... :D ... fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •