Merging & displaying tracks

Started by jsurette, December 13, 2011, 03:28:13

jsurette

I have been using Locus for a year now, awesome program! Basically gave up on all my other GPS units and software.
Until recently, I have simply used Google Earth to view my ATV tracks on my computer. I saved the folder with the multiple ATV tracks as a kml, and then imported the kml. After I imported I then merged the tracks and voila, I could see all my ATV tracks clearly. One press on the screen and 30 or 40 tracks appeared or disappeared.
Recently there has been an update and this has made this simple task a mess! My tracks are merged, but all joined into one big long jumbled mess! I guess I don't really want to 'merge' the tracks, I simply want only one button to turn on 30 or 40 tracks at one time. Thats why I liked the merge function.
In addition, after this recent update, now my tracks have an icon showing me the start and finish.

How do I bundle multiple tracks so they don't physically attach to each other?
How do I get rid of the 'Start' and 'Finish' icons on my tracks?

Jason
  •  

jsurette

Update: I found out my merged tracks are OK. The issue is the zoom levels. At zoom level 1 - 13 the tracks look like crap. At zoom level 14 and higher the tracks suddenly are displayed properly. Ill try to post screen shots tomorrow.
  •  

Menion

HI,
  thanks for report. This is done due to new optimization mechanism that reduce number of displayed points base on zoom level. You may see that at lower zooms, map is still fast ... anyway this is side effect. I'll look at it and fix it in some way ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jsurette

The issue I have is I have 30 to 40 individual tracks (atv trails) that i lie to have on the screen at once. Instead of turning each one on individually, I merge them, however, with the new improvements the tracks don't display properly. You have a category system for points, why not include tracks? That way if someone wants all the tracjs and points from a category, it would only take a couple presses. An added bonus is I would not have to merge my tracks and therefore the current display issue would not be an issue at all.
  •  

Menion

did you tried last 1.15.2 version? this issue should be fixed now ...
  •  

jsurette

I should have replied earlier. Yes, this issue has been fixed, thank you.

On a side note, when I merge the tracks they are displayed properly, however, the beginning and end of the merged track has a tag indicating the 'Start' and 'End'. Can these tags be removed? I just simply want to display the tracks so I can see the track that I want to follow.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "jsurette"Can these tags be removed?
Barack O. says "Yes, we can"

-> Settings/Map/Style on Map...

LukeLL

Excuse me, what options and configuration is necessary for see the track "on the fly" during the trip?

Thanks
  •  

Menion

what you mean by "on the fly"? If you want display track, just check small "checkbox" on track list screen on wanted track ... description of this screen here http://www.locusmap.eu/support/manual/s ... cks-screen
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "jsurette"The issue I have is I have 30 to 40 individual tracks (atv trails) that i lie to have on the screen at once. Instead of turning each one on individually, I merge them, however, with the new improvements the tracks don't display properly. You have a category system for points, why not include tracks? That way if someone wants all the tracjs and points from a category, it would only take a couple presses. An added bonus is I would not have to merge my tracks and therefore the current display issue would not be an issue at all.

See my post here: //http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1565&p=9474&hilit=overlay#p9474
  •  

jsurette

Once again, this is why I tell my friends the android devices and this program in particular is the best out there. The program is far superior than other GPS devices, WAY cheaper, and the support is awesome. Thanks for the quick response!

Not that this is a big issue for me, but why aren't point AND tracks saved in catagories? This way when you turn on a catagory, all the points and tracks are shown/

J
  •