Navigation voice interrupts itself and repeats

Started by tommi, December 12, 2011, 20:53:56

tommi

Hi Menion,
I performed several navigation tests with voice output (German).
In general the voice output is quite accurate.
But there is one problem which typically occurs during passing of a roundabout traffic:
One would expect one output of e.g. "Enter the roundabout and take the 1st exit"
but it happens more like this            "Enter the roundabout and Enter the roundabout and take Enter the roundabout and take the 1st exit".

What could be the reason for that?
  •  

Menion

he :) ... did you tried this with last locus version (1.15.0)? I noticed also some voice issues so I added some better synchronization of voices. Should be fixed now ... I'm very glad for you report, because I have feeling that almost no one is using this feature. Every small reported issue is more then welcome!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"he :) ... did you tried this with last locus version (1.15.0)? I noticed also some voice issues so I added some better synchronization of voices. Should be fixed now ... I'm very glad for you report, because I have feeling that almost no one is using this feature. Every small reported issue is more then welcome!
No, I had only 1.14.5 available during the trip but I'll test next week again with newest version.

I don't understand why others don't use navigation without internet access, it's quite useful abroad (I prepared few routes for destinations from the hotel to the cardinal points on the island and vice versa. For other destinations I enabled navigation for the basic direction and disabled it when I reached a temporary POI (text e.g. "turn right onto yellow road") which I added to the map shortly prior to the current trip.
However my hope for a real offline navigation is on the mapsforge project.
  •  

tommi

Hi Menion,
the described problem doesn't seem to be fixed in latest market version 1.15.1 as I still get interruptions and repetitions of the same text while driving through a roundabout.
  •  

Menion

thanks tommy ... it happens only on roundabout or did you noticed this also on any other place? And may you send me start and stop location that go over any place with this issue? so I can test it on my phone? (if there isn't any issue in routing data)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Hi Menion,
did you find time to test the short routeI sent you where I noticed the problem?
  •  

bdjeeper

Mine is playing mutliple ogg files at the same time when I near my destination (NOT traveling through roundabout). Two turns before destination, it plays the correct directional sound, but it plays the directional sound ogg file and the "Then.ogg" and the "Arrive.ogg" all at the same time instead of in sequence one after another. (version 2.0.2)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi62"Hi Menion,
did you find time to test the short routeI sent you where I noticed the problem?
Just for the record: the original problem with roundabouts is  already fixed for some time.
  •