[APP] - version 1.15.x

Started by Menion, December 11, 2011, 20:08:49

gynta

i like the new style! - but for some language there is no space for the right text. not everyone has an tablet  :)

Menion

don't worry about text, I'm testing it also on Huawei 845 with resolution 320x240 and even there, two text lines isn't problem. I'll try to create second white version (similar to main menu dialog), maybe this will look better. And about text on three lines, I'm sure, that people who translate locus will handle it ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

so if anyone have any negative reaction or some idea of improvements, this is last chance :). I switched style to while (looks better), reduced font size a little, reduced padding and also a height. Now, as you can see, it perfectly fits also on very small display. There will be probably need for some text improvements (to short some texts a little) but I think that benefits are huge. Also is there some more place for other important 'switches' that may come ...
  •  

Novasilva

Really nice work. Maybe the azimuth should also be included next to where the distance appears on the upper left side under the Width slider.

Thank you!
  •  

Menion

you talk about this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1482#p8834 topic right? But azimuth between? ... first and last? last two? hmm ...
  •  

Novasilva

null
  •  

Menion

understand, but I'm talking ... upper distance is total distance between all points. But what about azimuth? I still don't see sense to display one value for 10 added points. There is no problem to add this on panel, but I still really don't understand what to display there and how to present this value to users, not to confuse them, but to offer something useful
  •  

Novasilva

Ok, you're correct. My oversight. I was thinking these were the last/current values of the last line/track made, not the total lenght value. In the future, I'll try to pay better attention. This is good, still intuitive.
  •  

wvb

Quote from: "menion"so wvb, thanks for log, hope it helps ... may you please try this version? if this will not work, I'll probably need your gcFieldNotes.txt file from Locus root directory

Hi menion,

just tested and this version works great!
I uploaded a few Field Notes a few times and got the reply from Locus that Process was Successfull (I didn't get this before).
I then verified on the GC.com website and they were there, this is really great!

small request, could you implement a setting to uncheck the "Delete a record after upload" by default as I never want to delete my Field Notes and don't want to accidentally do it :)
  •  

Menion

fine, ..

you don't want? hmm .. because when you now log found in cache screen, you'll see new dialog with ability to upload field notes and also ability to log your "found" directly! what about here? is here needed to store field note? what you think ...

EDIT: only issue is with times. I still cannot figure out, what times set in application. Because as I also read on some "geocaching  API forum", time is big problem on GC servers and almost every developer have really troubles with them :) ... damn ...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"so if anyone have any negative reaction or some idea of improvements, this is last chance :)
wah! without testing?  now it can be fit!
 ...and i think Matthias is also happy  :D

dibrial

I personally don't put any info I want to keep in the field note. If I want to keep any info I put this into the cache note. Field note is used for logging only. So it contains only basic logging info.
  •  

wvb

Quote from: "menion"you don't want? hmm .. because when you now log found in cache screen, you'll see new dialog with ability to upload field notes and also ability to log your "found" directly! what about here? is here needed to store field note? what you think ...

Every person is different regarding data management and I really like to keep everything local to access including my Field Notes.
I often want to check back when I'm offline what cache I did when and what I wrote as Field Note.
So in my case I would always like to maintain the Field Notes but only locally I never store them on the GC.com server there they are removed after turning it into a log.

I haven't had much time for GC but hope this will improve the coming weeks.
You mean you can now log it as found immediately on the GC.com website with the text of the Field Note directly through Locus?
This is a dream!!
In this case I would also like to keep the Field Note locally in Locus but if it's turned into a log as found immediately on the GC.com website it doesn't need to be transferred again seperately to the Field Notes section of GC.com.
What an explanation :)
  •  

Menion

I have same opinion on storing and using field notes as dibrial anyway understand your reasons ... so in settings is now new item "Create field note" which cause, that even after successful upload or direct log, locus create field note record

and yes, you may now directly log your visit (it's already in testing version)
  •  

wvb

Wow, thanks a lot for adding this setting!

I also look forward to logging my first cache with the direct functionality.

This already amazing software is getting even better every step :-)

Sent from my SGSII using Tapatalk
  •