[APP] - version 1.15.x

Started by Menion, December 11, 2011, 20:08:49

Menion

are you sure Rob? I'm checking it and seems to be set correctly ...

when there is no critical error, I'll release after few hours new version
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

Well I cecked with several maps and tracks and I believe I'm right.
Selecting "right of icon" = middle point of menu ==> height is in extra label right above position label.
"Under the icon" = height is IN the label of position in brackets:  
e.g.  point 5 (580m)
         3,4 km | 4,3km

Maybe you do want it like this, than just change description.
But nevertheless, it's a minor point. No reason not to publish in market.
Other advantages are much more relevant for this version.

Congratulate....
  •  

merilius

You said about 1.15.1:
Quoteah, I almost forget. Thanks to big changes in map handling system, after install of new version, map reinitialization will process

I just want to make sure if this reinitialization won't cause the maps being unreadable/broken for the old version of locus (1.5.1), which I would have along with the 1.15.1.
BTW, 1.15.1 is not downloadable yet.
  •  

Menion

1.15.1 is currently uploading ...

and unreadable, everytime you run older version, there will be need of reinit I think, because new calibration file will not be valid
  •  

krzysiekz

In latest version still can't select dir for maps (in dir picker asked 'select', but no change in dir list). Also gps info in top panel isn't refreshing, and constantly shows first measure (alt,fix,speed).

Edit: I can add dir if it's placed in root dir of sd card, but can't add /mapsRaster in locus dir.
And one more - when have more maps in /maps locus start slower than with only one sqlite map. Could be scanning for new maps be activated from map menu, not on application start?
  •  

Menion

ah, thanks ... gps refresh problem fixed

about adding directories ... hmm, I disabled ability to add directories within locus directory, to prevent some issues with more then one search of same dir, etc ...

about start. Locus initialize new maps only if there is any news. This may anyway happen also if you have in directory any map, that have problem with initialization. In this case, every start, Locus will try to init this map, but fail. Next start it will try again. And this init process also control all other maps, so it can take quite a while if you have more maps. But if there is any initializing process at start, you should see it by initializing dialog at start ...
  •  

Szczepanik

Menion
Had Force Close problems with Version 1.15.0 & 1.15.1 but these have been solved with 1.15.2 thanks. Also tried 1.15.2.2 and it is OK for me but I do not use .tar format.
You might like to know that Locus works well with Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on my HTC HD2. The menu is slightly different - see screen shots.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Tom
  •  

Menion

hmm so ICS use methods from tablets on all screens, looks nice. I'm quite surprised that HD2 have ICS so fast ... nice
  •  

Beno

Hi Menion,

today i notice that the Lock Screen doesnt work anymore.
I have a Samsung Galyaxy S1.

I updated last version on sunday.
Anyone who noticed same problem?

Patrick
  •  

Menion

you mean "Screen lock" function? I'm trying it, and seems to work correctly ... what exactly do not work?
  •  

Beno

Hello
yes screen lock
its activated on my phone, but today i have to unlock the screen always.

i will reboot my phone maybe this helps, when nobody noticed the same problem.

Ciao
  •  

Menion

Beno, I'm trying "Disable lock screen" settings and it works correctly for me. Is possible that every system has it's own implementation? Or are you using any special lock screen?

Anyway, because last locus version had still many bugs (and one serious with crash at start), I'll tomorrow morning release new version, so if anyone had any issue and have some free time, you may try testing version ala "last minute" :) Feedback is welcome, hope everything will be fine. I really want to release before Christmas bug-free version, so hope this wish will be success

EDIT: updated version with better "track recording notification" and also ability to display by API data (through file) without need to import them before

[attachment=0:27mb1duk]1.15.2.5.apk[/attachment:27mb1duk]
  •  

Beno

Hello,
just updated with new version. Error still the same. Im using the standard android lock screen (pattern).
I tested it with pattern, pin and password - but with all the same.
Only when i choose None (unlock screen just with a sweep) then it works.

Strange that i'am the only with this problem till now
As a workaround i use the sweep lock screen now.

Nevertheless the app is great ;-)
  •  

krzysiekz

I tried today navigation with latest version, and screen isn't following position change (also without navigation, but with route displayed). When deleted route, following works again.
  •  

Mirar

Quote from: "Bo K"Hey menion, Best map app!!  but... the new style for displaying tracks puts start and stop icons all over the maps. can I get rid of these somehow??

I got this problem as well... I started it with all tracks cleaned, but now it's getting annoying after just a few tracks.
I rather have some graphics than a big POI icon anyway, say a track looking like
   |---->
or
   |----o

or so (with very tiny |, > and/or o). (Same goes for navigation "tracks", really.)
  •