How to use the new support for ground overlay maps?

Started by argus, November 27, 2011, 19:12:59

Menion

may you provide me some sample files? Without it, it's hard to improve current system, thanks ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

mdmystko

Quote from: "menion"1. import KMZ file like in normal import
2. if will contain GroundOverlay layer, it will be displayed on map
3. to work with this layer (currently only hide/ show / delete), go to functions > map item manager

Is map item manager available in stable release or it is devel-only? I have Locus Pro 2.3.1 and cannot find the manager in functions  :(
I have few topo maps in kmz format, they contain nothing but GroundOverlay tiles. After importing one of them, I can find unzipped jpg tiles in /Locus/data/import but can't see any way to display them.
  •  

Menion

fully working. Map item manager have just moved from separate function in list of function into new tab in Map manager. So tap on map icon in top right corner and tap on tab "Items"

best is to place all your KMZ files into Locus/mapItems directory. Then all these files will be available in this "Items" screen
  •  

mdmystko

I needed more time to correct my phone type in seetings than you to notice and reply to my post, unbelievable :)
Indeed, there is a new tab "Items" in Map manager. It was trivial to figure out how to use it, I can see first of my maps already. Good design, thank you!
  •  

Menion

hehe, you're welcome :)

I have already tested support for huge Ground overlays (around 90MB and it works nice) just be careful with tiles size. It should be in some useful size. Ideal around 256x256px. More then 1000x1000 may cause OutOfMemory errors so count with it ...
  •  

mdmystko

I bought these maps so I cannot control its tile size. Well, I know I could if I invested much time. As much as I tested, 1300x1280 does not cause OutOfMemory errors on my phone.
  •  

Menion

fine. If no problem, good enough. May I ask you where you bought any KMZ maps? Should be interesting to have something like this in Locus shop and I had no idea that it's also possible to bough KMZ maps ...
  •  

mdmystko

Here: http://compass.krakow.pl/page_17/ for example this one http://compass.krakow.pl/katalog-produk ... a-Klodzka/ covers a small part of Czech Republic ;)
  •  

mdmystko

Hi,
Your recent changes broke the support for ground overlay maps. If I go to Map Manager, Items tab, select any map (I have kmz maps) and click "Back" button of a phone, Locus crashes. This is the first time I see crashing Locus and I am not used to such experience ;) Fully reproducible. Locus Pro 2.4.3. Is there any bug report/stack trace I could provide?
  •  

lml

Hi, overlay maps is broken for me too in the latest version. Maps that worked before the last update now crashes Locus. However kmz-files that only has paths (no ground overlays) still works.

I found this exception in the log file created by catlog:

06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114): parseGeoData(I2-skogen.kmz)
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114): java.lang.NullPointerException
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114):    at android.support.v4.app.DialogFragment.dismissInternal(L:163)
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114):    at android.support.v4.app.DialogFragment.dismiss(L:149)
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114):    at menion.android.locus.core.gui.extension.ep.b(L:396)
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114):    at menion.android.a.a.a(L:64)
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114):    at menion.android.locus.core.gui.extension.ew.run(L:316)
06-17 17:42:51.319 E/FileImport(9114):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)
  •  

Menion

hmm this is weird. Did this happen for you even with KMZ files from Locus Shop? There are maps for Australia so may you check any of them? Thanks. In case it will work for them and not for some of your own files, may you send me some sample file for test? Because no matter what I do, no crash with loading KMZ files with GroundOverlay ... thanks
  •  

lml

I downloaded the kmz-map of Darwin from Locus Shop and Locus crashes when I try to use it.
  •  

Menion

hmm may someone from you install this test Free version https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .4.3.1.apk and create for me log? thanks!! (because even on Xoom or GN, I have no problems and log)
  •  

lml

Hi!

I have installed the testversion and I have attached a log file. I started the logging before I started Locus and stopped the logging after the crash.
  •  

lml

Any news on this bug?
  •