Getting adresses not working for budapest

Started by fangen, November 25, 2011, 23:26:38

fangen

Hi I got locus pro. I am planning my holiday to Budapest and stumbled on an inconvenience. When using the usually very helpful "get adress on coordinates" button I get a  double up city and zip code, no streetadress and no street nr.

example
1field - 1053 Budapest
2field - Budapest
3field - 1053
4field - Budapest
  •  

Menion

Hi Fangen,
  provide me please exact coordinates where you try to get address
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fangen

N 47 29.372
E 19 03.576

it seems to be problematic for the whole of budapest
  •  

fangen

Where you able to replicate the problem? Is this some kind of freak problem that is to much trouble to fix or?
  •  

gynta

do you think thats an Locusproblem?  :geek:

Menion

hmm it seems like some problem on Google side. When I request for address, I receive many information. But main address is separated into two lines.

for example, when i request address in Prague or any other big city, I receive one line with street and house number and second with Prague subarea name and post code. In case of Budapest, I receive opposite order for unknown reason! And because first line is filled, I use this. Hmm quite weird ... is this basic searh function work correctly in Google maps or other big android program?
  •  

Menion

hehe quite interesting. When you run normal google maps program and tap with long click on budapest city, you always receive 'XXXX (some number) Budapest" ... so it's problem on google side at all ...
  •