an "action" related bug

Started by roolku, January 15, 2011, 13:06:01

roolku

Hi and thanks for going through the trouble of porting Wherigo to android. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately there is a bug related to actions on Items that makes it nearly impossible to play on of my cartridges. (It works as expected on Emulator, Oregon, PPC and OpenWig).

For illustration I have attached two image - on the left OpenWig, in the right WhereYouGo. You will notice that in addition to "Use With" and "Use" (which are correct) WherYouGo lists another 31 actions! It appears that these correspond to all the commands from other characters/items in the game  even though these characters/items are not visible at this point in time. When I click on one of the commands the action is executed even though the target is not visible and the action completely inappropriate in the game context. In fact there is no way to even know what the target is as the action is executed immediately after clicking the verb.

It would be great if you could fix this - please ask if you need more information.

Cheers
Roolku
  •  

Menion

hi,
  hmm nice bug isn't it? :)

can you please send me any simple cartridge with this problem that work on OpenWIG and not in WhereYouGo? thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

roolku

Quote from: "menion"hi,
  hmm nice bug isn't it? :)

can you please send me any simple cartridge with this problem that work on OpenWIG and not in WhereYouGo? thanks

I'll try to create a small cartridge that exhibits this problem. Where do you want me to send it?

BTW: reading the forums I came across this thread:  viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113 I would hazard a guess that the bug is in your "shortcut" implementation as all the additional actions lack the target selection.
  •  

Menion

send this in mailto:whereyougo@asamm.cz">whereyougo@asamm.cz mail please. You're probably right, that possible place of problem. I'm fully focused on Locus so I cannot promise I'll fix this immediately, but I'll try as soon as possible :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

roolku

Quote from: "menion"send this in mailto:whereyougo@asamm.cz">whereyougo@asamm.cz mail please. You're probably right, that possible place of problem. I'm fully focused on Locus so I cannot promise I'll fix this immediately, but I'll try as soon as possible :)

I sent you the cartridge and would be very grateful if you could fix this bug.

Thanks a lot
  •