No standby when Locus runs in background

Started by spawny, January 15, 2011, 12:37:46

spawny

Hi,

I recognized that my phone fails to switch off its display when Locus has been started and put into background (pressing the home key). I understood that it shall stay on all the time when GPS is enabled, but only if the app also is active! So when GPS is active in Locus and I go to the home screen, then the phone never standbys. Even if I put the phone manually into standby and go then to the lockscreen, it stays there forever. If I however turn off GPS usage within Locus and go then to the homescreen, the phone puts itself into standby.

So I guess you have to switch off the "force always on" parameter, when app goes into background!?

Have a nice day :)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  wait for a while, this works for me well!

do you have in settings enabled Global -> Highlight still enabled -> System settings?

this do things around standby mode of phone!

if you enable gps in Locus and then pres Home (and you're not navigating on any point), gps should turn of! Is this doing to you?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

spawny

Hi,

when I switch to setting: Global -> Highlight still enabled -> System settings" then it works as expected. However the screen switches off within Locus when using GPS. If I use option "Only when GPS ON" then locus stays on as wanted (with GPS on), but if I go back to home screen (GPS in locus will be disabled) but the screen still stays on. Locus seems to check the phone's GPS status instead of the Locus' one.
  •  

Menion

hmm now I understand. You're right ... here's the problem :) Thanks, I'll do something with it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •