Navigation with pre-stored routes

Started by tommi, November 13, 2011, 16:03:32

tommi

Hi Menion,
I'll go abroad on 1st of December for a week. There I'd like to use car navigation.
As I will have no data plan (I guess there is not even GSM reception at all locations) I'd like to calculate and store the planned routes already from at home (and use it with vector map) (examples: Airport-Hotel, Hotel-Location1, Location1-Location2, Location2-Hotel etc.).

I'm not sure if Locus does already support this, maybe I just don't understand how to use it. If I enable the stored track "Navigation" I don't get the fat green line as with instant navigation but only the track display together with points for navigation instructions.
In addition the track "Navigation" gets overwritten everytime I let calculate a new navigation. Is this on purpose?

Could you help me?
I guess such a feature could be helpful for many of us.
(Even more perfect would of course be offline navigation with rout calculation based on stored vector map but I don't know if you have this on your roadmap).

Thank you for your excellent and enduring work on this project,
Thomas
  •  

Menion

Hi Thomas,
  offline routing do not depend on me, but on creators of MapsForge library that I use for routing. Anyway, as i saw, they work on something like that, so maybe we'll be surprised next year

when you calculate new track with "Navigation" feature that it's always overwrite old track, that's wanted behavior. If you want to store some tracks for later navigation, you need to plan them manually. Just go to functions, start "Add new route" function. Then tap on third button and select type you want to compute. Since that (since third button is highlighted), all added points will be computed by online service. So then simply add by first button your points (or hold first button for more options) and after you'll be satisfied, press fourth to store your track. That's all ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Hi Menion,
thank you, this is actually exactly what I expected - I simply didn't find it because I always used the "Navigation between two points" which doesn't have the flexibility needed here.
Now I added "Add new route" to my buttons on the right edge - so I won't forget about this function anymore.
  •  

Szczepanik

Menion
Thank you for your explanation - this is very helpful. Is there a way to rename a track after it has been saved?
Cheers
Tom
  •  

Menion

sure, in screen where is list of tracks, you may tap on center of every track and in popup dialog choose "Edit"
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •