Trouble downloading offline map

Started by LocusUser5, November 04, 2011, 04:08:40

LocusUser5

I am trying to download some detailed sat views, close to 2 gig.  I have tried for four days now.  It starts fine but as it gets into level 19 it gets slower and slower until it stops with an error about half way through.  If I continue level 19 will start over, starts fast and dies about half way through.

This "phone" has two internal men's of 1.79 gig and 5.5 gig.  Plus a micro SD of about 29 gig.

I am guessing I need to go smaller?  If so how do I combine these smaller downloads and does it matter if there is overlap?  I hate hitting the servers and wasting bandwidth with these failures.  Thanks for the help.
  •  

Menion

eh please, do not download so big files! I'm sure you don't need all tiles at lever 17 and more so it's really not a good idea to download them all. You may download few small areas and combine them into one when you select "External SQLite mode" on screen where you're choosing zooms to download. So simple method ... select area you want to download, confirm it and on screen with zooms, tap on center button and choose "External SQ...", then choose already downloaded map file and so ... download will continue and new map will be attached to old one
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

LocusUser5

Great, I will give that a try.  And, yes doing that I can cut the size a lot by only doing high zooms of several small areas rather than one huge area.  Low zooms for the huge area.

Thanks
  •  

LocusUser5

That works great.  It even handles different map zooms of different areas.

Great job on this and the whole app.
  •