[APP] - version 1.14.x

Started by Menion, October 31, 2011, 09:15:30

wvb

With 3 it works fine, thanks for the tip.
Will test some more tomorrow.
This is gonna be a useful feature!

Oh,.. I it seems I made a mistake... I can't find the gc.com thing anymore ;-)

Hope you find time to update the plugin sometime, as it will make downloading test versions easier.
  •  

Menion

new version market. There is also some improvements on On-board calibration feature (map button if you define geographic coordinates) ... enjoy
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

guys, new testing version here. I'm more then interested in feedback ... mainly if you'll see any difference in map speed with displayed items (POI's, tracks, ...)
  •  

Rob

Hi,
first impression of 1.14.6.2. regarding tracks..:

it seems, that tracks are faster displayed (GalaxyTab), but it was not an issue before (to me).

but: what´s really great is the display of Startflag of the track, the popup of points incl. distances and heights and different colors for tracks - really like it !! Big improvment!

small issue: if you have a vector map, where the map itself is very "colorful" - the text popups are not good readable - I tried different colors but I think if the background of the popup would be opaque and not transparent, it would be better - otherwise too much of the map is visible.

I keep on testing...

regards
Rob
  •  

Menion

thanks Rob, I was also thinking about changing background a little. When you display this label, you're more interested in text then in map below so good readability it essential ... I'll do something with this
  •  

bongo

i switched from the android market version to Locus 1.14.6.2.
unfortunately, Locus 1.14.6.2 cannot find any of my raster maps in the locus/maps folder. it only works with vector maps ;-(
or am i doing anything wrong?
regards
bongo
  •  

Menion

nono, mistake is probably on my side. I'm currently rewriting part that handle TAR maps to bring better support for various map projections. In next test version, this will be fixed ...
  •  

Menion

new test version ... there is a lot of changes, but if all problems will be fixed, I think it's good progress since last release ... feedbacks are of course welcome. About map speed with POI's, also how you like better labels? Labels also have finally priority so they're draw on top of other map items, they're also hiding in low zooms, same with PO (they change to dot's) or tracks (they reduce number of visible points) and more and more that should quite a lot improve user experience .. hope you'll like it ...
  •  

Rob

Great, great, great! Planning a route works now really as a charm! Perfect!
Labels top readable, direction signs, Start, Ziel suuper!
Many thanks for this top improvements.

Small issues:
On a final route/track, it would be helpful to see the points where a popup will be shown, just as small rings as it is visible when moving over. Otherwise you have to "drive" along the route searching next point.

Once again my wish: if planning of route is finished, the menue for Category, description, etc. Pops up. Good, but here I expected a button: calculate/ download height. Than it would be  really complete.

Congratulation  menion!
  •  

bongo

haven't don a lot with 1.14.6.6. so far, but within 5 minutes, locus crashed 2 times when moving around a map with maximum zoom-out level.
i never had this effect before - but maybe it's by accident.
  •  

Menion

bongo please, every crash can be fixed when you send me crash log from CatLog (or other) program, so please next time, immediately after crash ... log please :) Thanks!

and Rob, I'll look at it tomorrow ...
  •  

gynta

so many updates - nice  ;)

Since the last updates, the vector tiles will appear slower. (compared with the Pro)
Edit - tested again: its not worth mentioning

btw.
 thx (again and again...)

Menion

:) there is always many updates, but not everytime are visible. Sometimes some work take really a lot of work and it isn't visible at all .. you know :)

about vector maps - this should really works as worked before, maybe you had some area you want already prerendered ... and thx is not needed, I thank you (and also others) for time you invest to this support! Without community here on forum, locus will be still only "map viewer" as was my first intent
  •  

bongo

ok, i installed catlog. don't know what i have to configure there. do i just have to have it installed and press save after a crash? or do i have to always have recording active?
but the best, after installing catlog, i moved around the map for almost half an hour, and locus didn't crash anymore ;-) so mabe, locus is afraid of the cat ;-)
  •  

Menion

hehe maybe it is :))

anyway when some error anytime happen, catlog do not have to run in record mode. Just simply start it after crash and simply save log from menu, that's all ..
  •