Disable lock screen not working

Started by CaLocus, October 21, 2011, 20:31:21

CaLocus

The first time I checked the "Disable lock screen - When is application active, disable lock-screen"  option the phone did not lock when Locus was active.  Great!  However, the lock screen on my Motorola Atrix was completely disabled even after I exited Locus and force closed Locus.  After I reset the lock-screen in the phone's system settings, now the same option no longer works when Locus is active.  Can this be fixed?

[English translation note: "When is application active, disable lock-screen" should be "When application is active, disable lock-screen"]
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "CaLocus"The first time I checked the "Disable lock screen - When is application active, disable lock-screen"  option the phone did not lock when Locus was active.  Great!  However, the lock screen on my Motorola Atrix was completely disabled even after I exited Locus and force closed Locus.  After I reset the lock-screen in the phone's system settings, now the same option no longer works when Locus is active.  Can this be fixed?

Just noticed a similar problem on my Blade (Android 2.2 and Locus Pro 1.14.3) When I select the otpion "Disable Lock Screen" and exit Locus, I can no more lock my device with the power button. The screen turns off, but all the hardware buttons will wake the device.

And if I turn the option off in Locus, it has no effect after I exit Locus; still the phone is not locked! I have to turn power off/on to return to normal screen lock behaviour.

This could be an Android quirk? But makes this feature unusable for me.
  •  

stebu

I found this subject, but didn't realise that it was in Whereyougo forum. For me the problem is on Locus side.
Either this disabling SHOULD be application specific (the setting is reset when application ends) or Locus should enable Lock Screen upon exiting???
Quote from: "stebu"
Quote from: "CaLocus"The first time I checked the "Disable lock screen - When is application active, disable lock-screen"  option the phone did not lock when Locus was active.  Great!  However, the lock screen on my Motorola Atrix was completely disabled even after I exited Locus and force closed Locus.  After I reset the lock-screen in the phone's system settings, now the same option no longer works when Locus is active.  Can this be fixed?

Just noticed a similar problem on my Blade (Android 2.2 and Locus Pro 1.14.3) When I select the otpion "Disable Lock Screen" and exit Locus, I can no more lock my device with the power button. The screen turns off, but all the hardware buttons will wake the device.

And if I turn the option off in Locus, it has no effect after I exit Locus; still the phone is not locked! I have to turn power off/on to return to normal screen lock behaviour.

This could be an Android quirk? But makes this feature unusable for me.
  •  

CaLocus

This issue was fixed for me in one of the past updates, and the disabling of the screen lock when Locus was active worked, and when I exited Locus the screen lock behavior returned to the Android settings default.  

However, starting a about a month ago the "disable screen lock" option when Locus is active does not work at all.  The screen always locks when I manually put the screen to sleep or let the screen go to sleep by timing out.

I do not have any other screen locking program installed.

This is a really useful feature, as it is a real pain to enter your unlock pass-code every time you want to view the map, and you still want to turn the screen off as much as possible to conserve battery.  

Please fix.  Thanks.
  •