Navigation path style + keep screen on settings

Started by phenom1, October 21, 2011, 13:50:25

phenom1

I have couple wishes:

1. Ability to customize navigation path style.  Currently when in navigation mode, the path is highlighted with a very thick pink line. This pink line can cover smaller trails and details near the route.  This is annoying escpecially when biking and using small zoom levels.  I would like to remove this pink highlight completely or at least make it much thinner.

2. Currently there are three options for "Always screen on": "system settings", "only when GPS on" and "always screen on".  I would like to have fourth: "only when guide on" or something similar.  So I would like to keep the screen always on when in guiding mode, but otherwise it would turn off after some time.
  •  

Menion

1) about navigation path style I have to think. All colors are now tuned to be as much visible as possible and to be also visible in night mode etc, so I'm not sure if it's good idea to be able select color of this track, but as I wrote ... I'll think about it

2) why you need this? When you have guiding enabled, you also have GPS enabled correct? You can use Locus also for other tasks then for Guiding and for then you want to be able to turn screen off right? Hmm ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"2) why you need this? When you have guiding enabled, you also have GPS enabled correct? You can use Locus also for other tasks then for Guiding and for then you want to be able to turn screen off right? Hmm ..

I have a similar wish and I can explain why this setting serves a different usecase: GPS is also enabled if I e.g. record a track but then I don't need screen on. It's a bit annoying to change the screen setting if I want to switch from track recording to guiding and viceversa.
  •