select all track, track color change

Started by rkirmeier, January 11, 2011, 20:12:24

rkirmeier

Would like the ability to select all tracks with a single button press and the ability to change the color of individual tracks.

Also it would be very sweet if you could add the abilty to share POI/Tracks with Garmin Oregon/Colorado/Dakota GPSes via bluetooth (if possible).

Thanks, great app!
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  one part is completed, try here with latest version viewtopic.php?f=21&t=129 and let me know ...

second part: I don't have Garmin (first problem) and I don't see any usefulness in this. I'll this request open. Maybe sometime ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rkirmeier

Awesome, thanks for adding the select all tracks option so quick!!

The reason for the other request is as follows... Many of us may need to use Locus in extreme conditions (i.e. winter/snow, summer/boating, etc) and having an Android phone/tablet out in the open could ruin the device very quickly. Im my case I have weather proof Garmin Oregon mounted on my snowmobile. I use Locus to see the sat maps of an area to find logging roads and play areas but I can't have the device in view while riding so would love to be able to find something on Locus and make a waypoint where I need to make a turn or head in a certain direction to another waypoint. I could create the waypoints on Locus then send them to my Garmin so I can navigate better under extreme conditions.

If you can add something like this someday that would be sweet but if not I understand. It's already an awesome app and you will certainly be getting a donation from me.

BTW: The 2GB map limit was a big concern but sounds like you have that fixed now? If not can I use larger maps if I use a tar format?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  understand you send wish, but seems to be a very specific to your snow actions :). So as I said, maybe sometimes but cannot promise.

about 2GB map limit. I have created this method to add big maps viewtopic.php?f=21&t=139, but as you can read in next post, it still have some problems on Android device. Currently I'm a little without hope, but I'll take some time to create any method how to use big maps. Even if not, I think that 2GB big maps are really enough. In worst case, you'll have to separate them into more files ...
  •  

rkirmeier

Can we use big (2GB+) maps in tar format? I haven't used tar yet so I don't know what the disavantages are. I have many 10GB+ maps I would like to use... :)
  •  

Menion

Sorry, I forgot to write about TAR format. In which format do you have your maps?

Anyway, tar is even worst. There is limit around 1GB. More, will result in OutOfMemory error on you device so don't try this. We have to find another solution for bigger maps if we need them. Tar is unusable, Sql is limited by Android device, so it seems that possibility is to use few Sql files as one map or any own format which I don't want. When you use SQL map, 1 file per map zoom, then limit 2GB on best zoom is much better then 2GB on whole map ...

We'll see ... it needs some testing with SQL and also testing on Android 2.3 if there is not any change ...
  •  

rkirmeier

Not sure I understant the 1 SQL file per map zoom. Are you saying I can create many different SQL map files for each zoom level and Locus will automatically switch between them when I zoom? If I need to select a different map for each zoom I don't think that is a very good solution.
  •  

Menion

I changed topic name. About SQL support read for example here or here ...
  •