change maps location to allow 2 apps to use sqlitedb

Started by GRGISpro, October 15, 2011, 18:19:17

GRGISpro

Hello

Locus Pro is the best android app I have found.

However, I also use OSMAND because of the transparency and over and underlay capabilities, both apps can use sqlitedb custom map sources.

I would like to change the location for the source maps within Locus Pro to access the same folder that OSMAND is using rather then have two copies of the same map taking up space in my phone.

The OSMAND app stores the sqlitedb files in a folder called "tiles".  Where as the Locus app using a folder called "maps".

I wish to have one copy of the map on my phone and both apps have access to the same map.

please advise  :?:
  •  

Menion

you may add SQlite maps to Locus manually by '+' button on bottom of 'Personal maps' screen
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lml

I would like to be able to specify where Locus should look for vector maps. The tip to manually add a map does not work for vector maps because when I press the '+' button Locus says that I should download the vector maps plugin. I use my own customized vector maps that I create with Mapsforge Mapfile-Writer plugin. I'm using Dropbox to sync the maps with my phone and I have to manually copy the maps from the Dropbox folder to the Locus mapsVector folder each time I update a map. It would be nice to be able to specify the folder where locus should search for vector maps so that I do not need to have two copies of my maps on the SD-card.
  •  

Menion

Hi Iml,
  this is really rare case that anyone need to specify this folder. I'll try to think about it and add somewhere ability to insert vector maps in same way as personal maps ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •