Track Recording - Only Distance?

Started by Skater, October 01, 2011, 10:16:25

Skater

I have recorded a track and my settings are
Interval (metres) = 250m
Interval (seconds) = 7s
Max accuracy (metres) = 100m
The result is a file only distance = 250m
No time interval, but i was walking, therefore I think 7s for 250m might be 'world record'.
What was my mistake?
Regards Skater
PS
Possible to add heading / bearing?
Interval (degrees) = 7°
"A life without LOCUS is possible but pointless" (based on Loriot)
  •  

svartbjorn

As discussed in another thread BOTH conditions "Interval meters" AND "Interval seconds" must be met before a point is stored. So even though your 7s have elapsed, Locus is still waiting for a minimum 250m distance move before storing a new point.
  •  

Skater

Thanks for your reply.
That is not a good decision to do like a logical 'AND'.
Much better is an 'OR'  :!:
Or a logical edited table
Speed - AND / OR
Distances - AND / OR
Time - AND / OR
Bearing - AND / OR
Now everybody will understand and everybody can fix the dependency storing a new point
Best Regards Skater
"A life without LOCUS is possible but pointless" (based on Loriot)
  •  

Menion

why is OR better then AND?

with AND you may filter much more noise and unwanted data. How you for example filter situation when you stop for a while and do not want to store data? With current system it's pretty easy ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

OR has advantage, IMHO :), that you get a better track, like in Skaters example. If you put seven seconds/250m, I would also prefer which comes first: if going slowly, every seven seconds, if really fast, maybe more points than 7 seconds, otherwise they would be very far apart.

I guess it should be user setting ;-)

-peter

ps: you can already set "only log when moving" in a setting, that takes care of the points when standing still.
  •  

Menion

ok guys, new settings added
  •  

wvb

Thanks for making it a setting, now we have more control :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

durian

Great, thanks!

-peter
  •  

Gammalerik

Hopefully this OR setting will eliminate some CPU intensive calculations when recording a track. My SGS2's battery dies really fast when recording. I have OK battery drain when just navigating between waypoints.
  •  

Menion

that surely not. There is no chance to reduce some computation. It's just one test ...

is there so big difference between navigation and track recording in battery life?
  •  

Gammalerik

Quote from: "menion"is there so big difference between navigation and track recording in battery life?
Yes it is a huge difference. I cannot say exactly how much but it seems like 100% or so compared to just navigating. Can it be from the constant writing process to SD-card? I am no expert in android, it just came to mind.

Edit: According to graph in Juiceplotter app it seems like 100%

Edit 2: Not to steal the post, OR is still a very good option to have :)
  •  

durian

I read a discussion on Dutch GPS forum where someone tested different SD cards in their GPS, and got different battery times with different brand and sizes of cards (all other things being equal). So maybe some cards take more current...

-peter
  •  

hendo

I too have noticed a quicker battery drain when recording a track as opposed to just checkin my position. Still a great app though  :P
  •  

Menion

ok guys, I'll try to optimize it in some way (hmm don't know if this will be possible ... we'll see)
  •