Crashes often- A855

Started by fresh1134206, September 22, 2011, 16:15:57

fresh1134206

Been using Locus for a bit now, and I love it..... Except for the crashing. This is the only thing that has prevented me from purchasing the full version. It seems to happen most when maps are set to auto rotate.

Please help me solve this! Locus is far superior to BCnav, but BCnav doesnt ever crash....

I tried uploading my log files here, but apparently .txt is not a valid extension hmmm. Will email instead.

Thanks -Tony
  •  

fresh1134206

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Seems to be okay now. Also maybe only displaying 100 pois is better than 888.....
Will keep you posted.

Now though, it seems as if the compass is off, and that it will fluctuate based on the angle the phone is held. For instance, if i hold the phone (in portrait) so that its parallel with the ground screen up, its off by about 10 deg. But if i hold the phone (still portrait) so that its vertical screen towards me, its off by about 30 deg. Whats this about? I should note that to test this I stood in the middle of a looooong straight road, and it was not aligned with the program correctly.

(note: I havent searched the forum yet, maybe my answer is there)
  •  

fresh1134206

Figured out the compass thing. Crashing again though.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  thanks for email. Problem with compass should be fixed with calibration (just rotate your phone about all three axis). About crashing. Please try last version from market. I did some small updates but you'll probably still have same problem, so try to save log with CatLog probram and send me it. Also some small description will be welcome what did you do before crash. Looks there is some memory problem but just from log it's almost impossible to find source of troubles ... thank you
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fresh1134206

More logs sent.

Thank you Menion for helping me with this.

The problem has been occurring whenever Im zooming. Say I zoom from lvl 16 to 15- this is usually ok (sometimes crashes). But if I lock to lvl 15 (crash sometimes) then zoom in to say "lvl 15.2" it almost always crashes.

Yesterday it crashed while recording a track. I dont have the log for that one though. I will try to reproduce later.

I also have the most current market version.
  •  

Menion

hmm damn, thanks for log. They all contain same problem - "out of memory". So seems that there have to be some memory problem. But this error have one big issue. I cannot find where in code is problem. As I'm playing with Locus, I don't have such errors. i also did some memory tests and all seems to be fine. So I need some help to find where is problem. Best is to try change something. For example to use Locus as usual. When it crash, just hide all visible points and then do stuff as usual. If this also crash, just try not vector maps but some already downloaded, etc.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •