Locus installation Sgs2

Started by kelddaug, September 22, 2011, 11:14:30

kelddaug

Hey Menion.
I have a Sgs 2
Is it possible to let the user choose installation place.? Phone ext. or ext micro sd.
There is allready a ext-sd in the phone, without a micro-sd in the phone.
I can't se the locus dir. on the phone if i put a micro-sd card in it. That will make vector and dowloaded map invincible to file-managers and to Locus.
Hope you can figure out what i mean.

Locus and vector, and downloaded maps was installed, when i installed the micro sd.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  I think I got point :). Locus is automatically installed on micro SD card if this is available. If not, it's installed on internal memory. Anyway you may just take Locus directory from internal memory and place it on SD card. This should work. Same in reverse ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: "menion"hi,
  I think I got point :). Locus is automatically installed on micro SD card if this is available. If not, it's installed on internal memory. Anyway you may just take Locus directory from internal memory and place it on SD card. This should work. Same in reverse ..

Yes, but the problem was, that I was unable to access Sgs2 ext. , where Locus dir. was, when I placed a micro SD in the Sgs.!
I couldn't se the phone ext. and Locus couldn't either.
The result was that all my vector and downloaded maps was gone, until I pulled out til micro SD and rebooted the phone.

It could be a error on my phone, I'll try to remake the error and write back.

Sent from my GT-I9100
  •  

kelddaug

Hey.!
Now I have bought a new micro SD and installed it in the SD port.!

Now the ext. is the new SD and the sgs2 ext. is gone and Locus offline maps with it.
I'll now have to copy it from internal ext. to external SD to make it work.
Don't you have the same issue on your Sgs2.?

It must be Locus that create the external-sd ,if  there is no micro-sd present.

Sent from my GT-I9100
  •  

Menion

hmm I'm still confuse with directories and path you talk about :). I have locus installed on internal memory, but I'm sure that I'm not creating during start some directories like "external-sd" or others
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •