Locus Crashes when comming back from browsing a Link

Started by idk, September 15, 2011, 02:31:52

idk

I just updated to Locus Pro 1.13.0.

Now when I click on a link in Locus (for example the info link for a specific map type) the browser opens and I can read the content. When I want to go back, Locus stays completely white for a while and then the process menion.android.locus.pro crashes  :?:

It doesn't happen every time, but it happens in like 80% of the time. Any idea why?  :?:  :?:  :?:

PS: The crash doesn't create a log file in the log folder of Locus.

I think I found out, that it only crashes when I'm downloading tiles for offline usage. So I think I'll just avoid clicking on links while doing that.
  •  

Menion

hmm it's probably because your phone have very low amount of memory and downloading is a lot of memory required process, so system kill whole locus except downloading and when you return, it crash. I think that when you go back to Locus, not by top notification, but by normal launcher icon, it should works fine for you in all cases ...

... hmm, as I think, but also from top notification should works fine. May you create for me log with crash please?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

with 1.13.1 (on Defy and SGS II) seems to be ok. CanĀ“t reproduce this issue.
Regards J.
  •  

idk

Quote from: "menion"May you create for me log with crash please?

How do I do that?
  •  

Menion

ah sorry, simply download program called CatLog from android market. Then start locus and immediately after crash, start CatLog and from menu select "save". This save text file which you please send me, ideally together with some small description how this error occur. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

idk

After I could reproduce the problem as often as I wanted when I opened this topic, I can't reproduce it anymore now... But I'll post a crash report when it will... :) Thx
  •