Distance rings - great! - but some small wishes

Started by svartbjorn, September 08, 2011, 09:29:32

Menion

yes, unfortunately it cause. I have been playing with this a lot and there seems to be some problem with android system that draw dashed lines. If lines will be without dash but for example with different color, there will be no problem, but with current line style it's really not possible
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

Understand.
I was thinking of using different colors and both rings having solid lines. But I thought you might not like that idea since it would require two more entries in the Settings > Map menu. Today there is one color entry: "Color on map". Separate colors on distance rings and on time rings would require two more entries: "Color on distance rings" and "Color on time rings". Sounds good to me. The current solution with distance rings with same color, dashed lines but limited rings outside screen area, works fine too.
  •  

Menion

I have same thinking. I also don't like too much settings, because there is currently too much settings and every item more .. hmm. Guys, you'll see. If there will be problem in terrain that you don't see enough distance rings, I'll change it to solid color and add this to settings. If not, I'll leave it as is ... you'll see after using it for some time ..
  •  

svartbjorn

That sounds like a very good approach! Leave it as it is for now and let's use it in real life and see if we miss anything.
Agree that too many settings is not wanted.

Thanks again, Menion, for implementing distance rings!!
  •  

gemeenaapje

absolutely love the time rings, so valuable to us pilots.

Thanks Menion SO much!!!
  •  

Menion

you're welcome guys :). Let me know if any more improvements will be needed ...
  •