Waypoints edit by dragging

Started by Gammalerik, September 05, 2011, 21:23:20

Menion

testing version with editing (mainly for navigation test) is here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1013

Skater: there is no big difference. As you said, rte data are shown as red circles and can be used for guiding etc. Points from trk are used directly for guiding along path. Ability you discovered (ability to edit these red points) was my mistake. So it's fixed now. These points cannot be edited now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Gammalerik

Tried test version 1.13.1.1 and the editing works fine 8-) One last little request. Could it be possible to have the points in the created route always visible? When I have several waypoints in a straight line they are hard (impossible) to see on the display. I have to search for them along the line with the center cross so they eventually get highlighted.
-The points in the recorded track however does not have to be visible, there are just too many of them.

Also, how do I add more waypoints to an already created route? Is it just with the "merge" function or have I overlooked something completely?
The merge function leaves by the way a gap in the line where the splice has been done. Looks kind of as two separate routes...
  •  

Menion

hmm, on what you use all these required functions?? :). No simple method to add some points to already stored track isn't in locus. I still don't see much reasons for this.

- track can be stored by record (then some deleting should come handy ... editing .. hmm maybe).
- track can be also generated by some online service, then there is surely not need to edit or delete some points, and finally,
- you can create track by your own. Then you have enough time to create exactly that track that you need.

If you want to merge two tracks, then when second start on exactly same point, as first ends, then there shouldn't be any gap after merge
  •  

Gammalerik

Hehe, you are right, Menion. A lot of requests :D  My use of navigation is maybe somewhat different from most. At sea things are quite dynamic as opposed to following terrain and pre-made trails on land. Bad weather, change in winds and currents cause change in plans on-the-go. I just realized when editing the route in test-version 1.13.1.1 that I came a couple of waypoints short to my destination after having tweaked some of the middle waypoints around another small island. Therefore these requests about editing and adding.

It is not a must-have function, but very nice to have the entire trip in one and only track. I guess "merge" will have to do just fine. Now that editing is possible, my most important need is covered.

Thanks again.
  •  

zailor

Thank you Gammelrik AND menion
Locus just gets better and better thinks a sailor from Sweden
/zailor
  •  

Menion

you're welcome guys. Editing is not perfect I think, but it works if you need quickly change one or two points. On more, I really suggest some desktop or web tool ...
  •