OutdoorActive Austria - not existing ???

Started by botrytis_c, August 30, 2011, 12:44:02

botrytis_c

a big reason for me to buy LocusPro was the OutdoorActive Maps - which have the most detailed information. Why they are NOT EXISTING??? I just installed "Maverick" - and there they are - not 100% aktual - but there. Please help.   Yours botrytis_c
  •  

Menion

OutDoor active maps are not legally supported in Locus. Now are blocked on server of outdoor active. I'm discuss with them but nothing is sure! All programs like maverick and others use their maps illegal!!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

botrytis_c

hmm... I thought something like that.  Maybe it´s possile to pay for it - I´m nearly sure, there are very much people who would pay for this maps. It´s only a question of the price.
  •  

Menion

actually it looks maps will be available only in Pro version (and only for online view with ability to cache) as exchange for some ads in Free. They're now working on new protection mechanism so expect map will stop work also in other programs soon.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

The same for Gemany, older cached regions are working (as expected), but no new online view too (doesn´t exist).  I don´t use "downloaded" offline maps, because it´s not neccesary to load "whole Germany" if I want to cycle in an area of 50 x 50 km. P. e zoomlevel 14,15 street following about 200 km are only 20 -30MB
For me it´s quite bad, that other users, who download tons of maps prevent all others from using the nice online and caching mode of Locus.  :(  And it seems the same with other maps in between.
The best solution would be to throw out the download possibility within Locus and let the egoistc suckers download the maps with other tools. They use a smartphone, but don´t want to pay 10,-€ per month for a flat?

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Lindwurm

•  

tommybgoode

Are there any news about that?

Besides that, it would be great to have the possibility to import from outdooractive the private tours of my account.

Regards, Tom
  •