[APP] - version 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x

Started by Menion, August 30, 2011, 08:55:55

Menion

yes sure this is correct. I see it anyway from a little bit different perspective. I measure this by number of work and number of users. So
1. GC vote is much more work :)
2. GC vote need some more additional work on user side to get these data
3. GC vote use less users

that's all. You're surely correct ... GC vote give much better results
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dibrial

That's clear and sounds logical. I though you ment that the fav points are better than a rating.
  •  

dibrial

I see some great new thinks in the new version and will test them in the next days.
My compliments to the display of the imported geocaches in the POI list. It looks even better than in your example. With trackables....great....
One small issue that I found is that when opening one single (reimported)  cache from the map screen, the size icon is missing and shows a questionmark.
  •  

Menion

hmm, you're not only one with this problem. I changed number that was displayed before to image for A2.2+ (I read somewhere that some mechanism I use works till 2.2+), but looks I'll have to increase to 2.3+ .. or don't you have A2.3 right?
  •  

dibrial

Last week I updated my Desire to 2.3. I thought it was because of the new version. Sorry
  •  

userxxx

Hi menion,

Can you send me the last working version for A 1.6? Thanks
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "menion"hmm, you're not only one with this problem. I changed number that was displayed before to image for A2.2+ (I read somewhere that some mechanism I use works till 2.2+), but looks I'll have to increase to 2.3+ .. or don't you have A2.3 right?
Well, the Info page has mostly text content. If you(we) have problems with the graphical representation, why don't you just spell it out ("Micro", "Small", ...)?
  •  

Menion

that was on info page before, but I discovered method how to display on this page also images from locus resources so I switched this for A2.2+. Never mind. Hope all with 2.3+ see image, A2.2- will see next time only text (as before)
  •  

Menion

hi to all, looks I'll have to release new version soon, because number of news seems to be too long for market 400 chars limit ...

- map auto-load (check advanced map settings)
- improved sorting and filtering of POI's and tracks (mainly geocaches - need reimport)
- rewrote dialog for Vector map downloading. Expect next improvements together with new maps at start of October
- ability to manually recompute path
- added support for www.gobreadcrumbs.com tracks upload
- restored SHOCart online maps
- improved Quick map switch dialog
- ability to display 161m/528ft circles around geocaches
- supported GEMF maps format
- many small improvements

anyway I just wanted to discuss a little bit ...
- today morning I discovered nice web gobreadcrumbs, so i added support for uploading track to Locus. Do you know this web? Looks good on first sight so hope you'll find it useful
- yesterday I was creating support form GEMF map format. It's very simple map format (read-only), that have just stored map tiles in simple way, but have main advantage. Because it's so simple it's very fast. Much faster then SQLite and also TAR maps. Here is complete specification https://sites.google.com/site/abudden/android-map-store . On the bottom of page are python scripts to covert some data into this format. If anyone skilled with pythod, create script that allow convert SQLite maps into this, it should be very welcome I think. Why? higher speed and unlimited! map size. Higher speed also mean smaller battery consumption!

- also one news. I discovered that on map source I use for vector maps, is missing a lot of places. I have now another source and also I'm trying, and seems it will work, generate own maps from clear openStreetMaps data, so wait till start of october (till new maps will be on server) and then we should discuss if some areas should be better connected into one file, some separated .. etc ... nice day ;)
  and release? I hope tomorrow ...
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "menion"hi to all,
- yesterday I was creating support form GEMF map format. It's very simple map format (read-only), that have just stored map tiles in simple way, but have main advantage. Because it's so simple it's very fast. Much faster then SQLite and also TAR maps. Here is complete specification https://sites.google.com/site/abudden/android-map-store . On the bottom of page are python scripts to covert some data into this format. If anyone skilled with pythod, create script that allow convert SQLite maps into this, it should be very welcome I think. Why? higher speed and unlimited! map size. Higher speed also mean smaller battery consumption!
Great news overall!
GEMF seem simple and easy, there might be one problem: only OSM type tiles are supported, not spherical(?) like Fonecta?
If no one else takes up on the sqlite->gemf conversion, I might try it (starting next week).
Python is no beast for me, but I'm don't have the sqlite map db specifications. Could you provide a link to specification site, thnx.
  •  

Menion

hmm perfect.

anyway there is no SQLite Map format specification. I took map format from RMaps and creted improved version for locus. Best for you is to take some SQLite map from Locus and check if with some SQLite viewer (i use for example addon to firefox - can recommend). You're correct with for example Fonceta, but we should do small workaround. As I see, only place where can be placed some more data into GEMF file is name (description) of map provider. So instead placing for example 'OpenStreetMap bla bla', you may place there 'OpenStreetMap bla bla;locus_map_type:X' where X is number that is stored in SQLite map in table "info" and column "provider". It's unique number that identify and say me which type of tranformation should I use
  •  

l0ck1e

Hi,
I Just went to update to 1.13 and it failed to install. I then uninstalled and when I went to re install my pro version, it ask for me to pay again in the market. Any ideas how to fix this error? In the mean time I've installed the free version.

Sent from my GT-I9100
  •  

Menion

may someone send me crash log please?
  •  

l0ck1e

It's fixed itself. Cleared out data + cache from the Market and it worked.

Sent from my GT-I9100
  •  

userxxx

Version 1.13.0 does not work on A 1.6, get FC at launch.
Version 1.13.1 works.
Thanks
  •