[APP] - version 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x

Started by Menion, August 30, 2011, 08:55:55

Menion

21.10.2011 - Locus 1.13.5.2
testing version. When you have disabled GPS and you move on map, Locus takes this move as 72km/h speed (20m/s), so you can use this for testing TTS or other voice commands during navigation
  • improved API support together with some changes to Locus API
  • improved TTS system, now should work with most languages
  • ability to colorize track by speed or altitude during track record ;)
  • improved itinery screen

[attachment=0:2m6ugkin]1.13.5.2.apk[/attachment:2m6ugkin]

11.10.2011 - Locus 1.13.4.2
Hi Guys, after some time I have here new testing version. I'm really looking for feedback because there are some new interesting news ...
  • support for Text-to-speech voice for navigation (currently works only when you use English as system language, other languages need to be translated first, also small popup text will be disabled in release, it's for testing only)
  • added new Backup manager feature for easy backup
  • added NzTopoMaps maps
  • added ability to download Turaterkep maps
  • improved Map Quick Switch button
  • improved guiding along path top panel
  • added "GeoCache Calculator" ass co-apps and also ability to add these apps to right quick panel

8.10.2011 - Locus 1.13.4
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro

1.10.2011 - Locus 1.13.3

22.9.2011 - Locus 1.13.2

20.9.2011 - Locus 1.13.1.3
.. some more info in previous test version
  • improved navigation system. Now should much better check for "Nearest point"
  • new "Name filter" in Points manager screen

18.9.2011 - Locus 1.13.1.2
.. some more info in previous test version
  • new "Navigation settings" with few new ... settings
  • improved computing dialogs

17.9.2011 - Locus 1.13.1.1
testing version (as usually ... install as Free, work as Pro, till end of September). This version have also one advantage I use for testing. When you move with map, Locus think that you move with 72kmph speed, so you can simply use map moving for sound testing during navigation
  • ability to "edit" points on already stored tracks
  • complete new server (MapQuest) used for navigation. Now should also works
      - correct existing of highway
      - re-compute forward during ride
      - correct street names
anyway count that for navigation, there are missing some images, so instead of "take exit" you should see just a question mark. Images will be ...

14.9.2011 - Locus 1.13.0

6.9.2011 - Locus 1.12.0

2.9.2011 - Locus 1.11.1
Addon Vector maps here on forum is not valid now. I'll gladly send unlocked version to some people here on forum who helps me, and also to my translators, so write me PM if you think you deserve vector map downloading ;)

30.8.2011 - Locus 1.11.0
Support for "Addon - vector map download" (from previous post) is still valid. So please try and let me know how actual system works for you. Now it should be much more stable, also maps are downloaded in queue and also you can see notification in system bar!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

First small test. It seems to be ok. I downloaded Luxembourg and this worked without any problem

Menion, are the following steps correct?

1. You have do download the 0.1 apk from here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=982
2. install the apk
3. start Locus
4. go to "maps" as usual
5. choose vector maps
6. press + button on the bottom (you must have an internet connection)     better to use wifi, because some of the maps are bigger

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes, exactly these are correct steps. Addon is only to allow press "+" button :) (simply say)
  •  

beonun

I failed to download 'Japan' vertor map.
Check it up, please !

I've tried to download it three times  but I couldn't get it.
When the download progress bar got to  about 310M of total 520.69M, the error message( byte ... error) popped up and the process was dead.
  •  

Menion

hmm, how long it takes to you to download these 310M? It's longer then one hour?
  •  

beonun

Quote from: "menion"hmm, how long it takes to you to download these 310M? It's longer then one hour?

I've tried to download it again.
The download process is dead after about 1 hour.

Have you set up the time limit of the download server ?
I think it will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes to download Japan vector map completly.
  •  

Menion

fine, so try it now ... should work without problem ...
  •  

beonun

Quote from: "menion"fine, so try it now ... should work without problem ...

Many thanks for your trouble !!!
I got it.
  •  

dreamteam

Hi,

I have a problem with the new Vector map addon:

- bought & installed it yesterday
- by pressing the "+" to enter the menue to download maps I just get only a endless "loading" with the running circle.

I was on my wifi at home.

Today in the morning made a quick check without wifi and saw the menue with the maps, but have not downloaded anything over umts.

Now just trying it again - the same problem, both on wifi and umts: endless "loading" and now menue with the maps.

Surfing and doing other stuff over the net is working without any problem, only o get the maps within locus.

Best regards,
dreamteam

PS: My device is HTC sensation, stock rom, but s-off and rooted

Edit: Just tried again aand got an error meassage after a while (while on umts):

something like "interenal server error"

Edit2: Tried again and now I am able to download maps over wifi - strange

Anyway maybe you can add a checking whether the server is avaialble to avoid this "endless" loading screen if there is a problem
  •  

InfX

I've successfully bought & installed the plugin yesterday, and got this infinite "Loading" the first time i tried it as well. But, after killing the app and retrying in 1..2 minutes, i was able to successfully download an Israel, Switzerland, and, later, and Italy map.

BTW, i've noticed a small rendering issue with the Swiss map, the Lucern lake is rendered white.
  •  

Menion

rendering issues ... same as usually. These have to be tested on native MapsForge application, and if this is problem on their side, report to them

Also I plan tomorrow next release, mainly with bug fixes but also with new display for geocaching data, so what you think? I'm not quite sure if this is perfect solution so I need you opinion :). Thanks hunters

I'm missing there some desciption (it's size | difficulty | terrain | num of waypoints), but there is not much space for this ... hmm

[attachment=0:2p3jxzgb]device-2011-09-05-160105.png[/attachment:2p3jxzgb]
  •  

dibrial

This really looks great. And makes selecting a good cache easier. I'm looking forward to the new release.
Is it also possible to filter on the attributes?

To bad the favo points are not yet available in the gc.com GPX files. :(

But it gave me another idea for selecting a good quality cache:
Is it possible to connect to the //http://GCvote.com database and get the average rating (mean or median) and number of votes in the overview. e.g. 3.6/21 which means average 3.6 (I think median is better here) with 21 votes. :?:

I'm using a macro in GSAK to add this data to GPX UserData fields. Data is grabbed very quickly (50 in 1 or 2 seconds) and it's very usefull selecting nice caches, because in stead of only the average you can also see the number of votes and leave out the extreme ratings (low/high) by using median average.
  •  

wvb

Quote from: "menion"new display for geocaching data, so what you think? I'm not quite sure if this is perfect solution so I need you opinion :). Thanks hunters

I'm missing there some desciption (it's size | difficulty | terrain | num of waypoints), but there is not much space for this ... hmm

this is looking really nice!
very complete..
on first use it will not be clear which one is for difficulty and which for terrain but after a first cache or just opening it it will be clear for all future uses I think
can't really think of any improvements for now, really like it :)

thanks for keeping improving the Geocaching features!
  •  

Menion

thanks guys. I'll look on GC vote later but I'm not sure if this is good improvement. Official "fav points" should be better I think ...

filtering by attributes is not possible. I plan to change actual filtering system, so later ...

and graphics improved, expect new update on market today evening (UTC+2) ;)
  •  

dibrial

Quote from: "menion"thanks guys. I'll look on GC vote later but I'm not sure if this is good improvement. Official "fav points" should be better I think ...
Menion, maybey this thread is not the place for this discussion, but I'm curious why you think Fav. points are better?

In my opinion GCVote give better info about the cache quality. I would like to point to the new android market, where you should see fav. points and Google +1 and GC Vote as the rating system.
What does it tell you that Locus had 10.000+ downloads and 100 people gave it a +1? Something like 1% of the users likes the product? ;)
Compare this info to the info that 1.845 PEOPLE rated Locus Pro and the average rating is 5 STARS. :D
I would know on which rating i would decide to buy the app.....
  •