Main Menu

[FAQ]

Started by Menion, October 25, 2010, 23:02:34

Menion

• QUESTION - how to download cartridges?
    • Android web browser (and extensions like Dolphin Browser, ...) have bug when downloading GWC files (as well as other file types, for example locations on geocaching.com). So for correct work, you have to download GWC files thanks to your desktop computer. Use firefox, opera, internet explorer, just whatever but DO NOT USE PHONE BROWSER, PLEASE!
    • Thanks to fuhur testing - Opera Mobile browser allow direct download of cartridges in field!

• QUESTION - how to upload completed savegame GWS files?
    • there are NO savegame files GWS as on other platforms. This feature is not currently implemented. Instead, WhereYouGo, as well as OpenWIG, use inner OWS format which cannot unlock game on Wherigo pages!!!
    • so, to complete cartridge, you have to use UNLOCK KEY. If this is not implemented in cartridge, ask creator, to do this!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CraigsOutside

So how do I retrieve the unlock key from the ows file? I did not write down the code on paper because I was using my HTC droid Incredible and thought that the unlock key would be visible later.
  •  

fuhur

Just want to update :

1. - downloading cartridges

I try Opera Mobile and it seems to work. I download cartridge from whereigo and open it with WhereYouGo program. I just open first 2 scereens, because this cartridge is for place 100km away - I close it. It's good idea someone to test it on a field.
Hope this is helpfull.
Regards
  •  

fuhur

I want just to confirm from the field that you can download cartrige with Opera Mobile directly from your mobile phone and it will work like charm.
  •  

Menion

thanks fuhur,
  I'll test this by myself later, actually I changed info in first post ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •