Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

SL-Basilisk

Hello!
Geocaching for Locus is a very nice tool, better than c:geo i think. Thanks for this very good work.
My problem: I use this addon with the options "get 200 caches", "Download all cache data on displaying", "only short description" (I don't know the right terme, I translate back from german), "import caches". And then, I import them to a special category-layer I created for caches, and this works fine. But - everey time I click on a cache-icon, it downloads the whole cache-information. This is nice, but it where better when this information would be stored in the category by the first time to show, so i haven't to download this every time. If I want to save a cache, I have no other way as create a new search with other options now (not only load short description). or is there a shorter way, to made some caches "offline" readable?

Sorry for my poor english  :oops:
  •  

wvb

If you unchecked "simple data only" it should get the whole cache info for the 200 cache

Sent from my SGSII using Tapatalk
  •  

mambofive

The new "Import to Locus" functionality for URLs like http://coord.info/GC12345 has a small problem:
When I open a cache in Locus and click on the cache URL in the cache detail screen, Android offers me to open the URL using the browser or using "Import to Locus" using the addon.
"Import to Locus" leads to an error here ("Geocaching4Locus" wurde unerwartet beended - "Geocaching4Locus" was stopped unexpectedly).

Anyway, Geocaching4Locus is a cool addon, and importing caches from notification emails works properly!

- Elmar / mambofive.
  •  

HoradricCZ

The new function to update cash data is amazing and fully functional, thanks. ;)
Could you please add an option to update all cashes? Or to update all cashes on screen? Or something similar.
  •  

babi

but there is a "bug." If you update a cache then all your data (altitude, address, photo, note) will be LOST!!!! Arcao, could you please look at that? thanks
  •  

Menion

babi, it's issue in locus more then in addon. I'm playing with it now, so should be fixed. Please test next release and let me know ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

babi

thanks for quick update.
so, address, note and photo stays after update, but altitude is removed.
  •  

Menion

hmm ... yes, it's stored in location of object. Ok, I'll check if new altitude is 0, if so I'll replace it with old one. Fixed now ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

babi, thanks for testing and reporting!
menion, thanks for fixing so fast!

Sent from my SGSII using Tapatalk
  •  

Martin Sloup

SL-Basilisk: Current version of Locus supports to download full info about caches only once when is requested (when cache detail is shown). Yes the "simple cache" term is a little bit confusing. I plan to change it in a next version.

mambofive: Hm, strange! Could you try to simulate again and capture a device log by CatLog? Thanks.

HoradricCZ: This is planed but impossible to implement at the moment. It's necessary to do some changes in Locus.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

micska

Hi Arcao, nice work!
 Is it possible to correct the cache coordinates on geocaching.com now (may be for a few months). The problem is that Geocaching4Locus addon does not download that corrected coordinates just only the "basic" one. Do you plan to solve this issue? Thanks
  •  

dibrial

That would be great.
  •  

Martin Sloup

micska: Do you have cache code? I will look on it.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

dibrial

This can be done with every Unknown or Multi cache isn't it? Just click the pencil next to the coordinate on the cache page.
  •  

micska

Quote from: "Arcao"micska: Do you have cache code? I will look on it.
Quote from: "dibrial"This can be done with every Unknown or Multi cache isn't it? Just click the pencil next to the coordinate on the cache page.

It is just as Dibrial wrote, it can be done with every Unknown and Multi-cache but this feature is linked to every single user. Everyone can correct coordinates and after that it is visible by this user only. So I cannot send you a cache code, unfortunately.
  •