Area data in the line Information applet

Started by Novasilva, January 07, 2012, 18:50:29

Novasilva

It would be nice to have the area info saved in the Information applet of created line.

The recent update of Locus is really great, I use it every day, really nice.
  •  

GOF007

For the time being, if you have root, you can save screen by using app like "ShootMe".
  •  

Menion

what you mean by information applet?

about "Share screen" image quality ... size is defined by your screen. Quality can be defined, but do you think it's usable in some way? Size of image is quite low I think

and glad you like it ;)

PS GO007 - shoot me is not necessary. If you don't mind missing buttons, you may just simply take screenshot in Locus by menu > functions > share > share screen
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Novasilva

After I save a feature, and then press on the the feature (on te map)  "Selected items" menu appears, then I select the line feature then another menu appears with, "i" (information), Point, Guide On, Edit, ect. I select the "i" (Information) and see the information/propeties with the Length, Points, Created, Max. speed, ect. but no area info. Area info is visible when the line/area is created but area the info is not saved.  

Thanks for the save screen image tip! right there under my nose the whole time. :roll:
  •  

gynta

Hm i think the datails from the mapshot inside the saveoption are so good:

Novasilva

No Area Info.

only the length, points, created and max speed appear, but no Area info.
  •  

Menion

area info is only optional information during route creation. Compute is quite complex. For a few points (to around 500) it's not a problem, but display this info for huge area should be too complicated. And main problem is accuracy of this compute. When you define few points manually, you should see if area have correct shape (so no overlays) but when I'll compute are on some imported route, I'm not doing any computations to check area shape. So what about storing area info just in case, you create area manually in locus and you'll have enabled "Compute area" checkbox. In case you'll import route from some file or record by "Track record" feature, area value, will not be displayed ... hmm?

and gynta: I don't understand, you want to change this edit screen?
  •  

gynta

Nope, i mixed Novasilvas two whises :roll:  and create another idea :|  forget it..

elmuSSo

Quote from: "menion"PS GO007 - shoot me is not necessary. If you don't mind missing buttons, you may just simply take screenshot in Locus by menu > functions > share > share screen

Share screen option is cool, I used it a lot to puublish my screens to facebook. But, what if you don't have any app to save the screenshot to your SD card? I think, there should be a third option "Take screenshot and save it to SD". Just like that, no sharing, no sending, just save screenshot to SD. Ofcourse user should choose the screenshot saving dir in options:)

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

Novasilva

Yes, sounds good. If I understand you correctly, it can be possible to store area info in a area created in locus? If you can do that it would be great, that is what I ment.
Will never use info with points over 500, or more than 100 hectors/250 acres, and polygon created outside of locus already have known values.
  •  

Menion

area area values stored in GPX/KML files usually in some tag?
  •  

Novasilva

If i understand your question correctly then, if i create an area on pc software then convert to kmz it will retain the coverd area data. not sure about gpx. improted area files to locus with area info is not necessary , not for me anyway because it is a known value, though i see how it can be very helpful for other people.

kmz sample of 36.72 acers/ total coverd area is 166.46 acers.
  •  

Menion

fine perfect. I just wanted to know (as you probably correctly understand) if there is any common tag like <area>36.72</area> in files. Anyway isn't. Never mind. Now if you import any track that is closed (first point = last point) and have less then 1000 points, locus during import compute area and this will be displayed in info screen ...
  •  

Novasilva

great, thanks.
  •