Main Menu

Time to arrival

Started by elmuSSo, January 06, 2012, 13:52:53

elmuSSo

It would be cool to see 'time to arrival' instead 'bearing' in Guide On and Line to GPS lines. I don't need bearing, but time to arrival would be really useful. Instead of looking at time rings, user will have a chance to see predicted time which is left to arrive at the target point. Of course the perfect situation would be to make it configurable. User would have a chance to choose which information he wants to see at the end of line.

Tapatalk@CyanogenMod@HTCVision
  •  

Menion

Time to target can be already set to top panel under Guiding item
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

elmuSSo

Quote from: "menion"Time to target can be already set to top panel under Guiding item

Ah I see. But, in this case I need to turn off from other option in top panel (GPS, Time, Coordinates ...). And I use GPS option all the time. So I don't want to sacrifice that. And I don't want to jump between two of them all the time. Maybe you can make the top panel customizable with variables? Something like I already posted here: viewtopic.php?p=8948#p8948 . Maybe you can connect top panel with notification thing, synchronize them, or make them both configurable in the same way.

•  

Menion

I'm usually on similar request, answer with ability of "Custom screens". I know that currently system is not ideal. Update is planned
  •  

elmuSSo

Quote from: "menion"I'm usually on similar request, answer with ability of "Custom screens". I know that currently system is not ideal. Update is planned

Nothing can be ideal! But Locus is brilliant, and its getting better and better:) You are not a machine, so you cant make all updates instantly.
  •  

elmuSSo

Why declined? :( it is so often I need to measure the time to some point (and not the distance). Many times this point is changing positions. I can't click on each new point to click on it and choose Guide on, and then I need to remember to have the Guide bar menu active. Please Menion. Instead of this angle indictator, couldn't be there a predicted time to center the cursor?

•  

Menion

hmm, seems you really want this feature. Such feature need to have new settings in locus settings screens. I'm little worried about number of settings that locus offer and that basic users "need" to read , so please post this on GetSatisfaction. If there will be interest, I'll do it ...
  •  

elmuSSo

I see what you mean. Maybe think about introducing two modes in Locus. One for beginners, and second for power users. After installation, beginner mode will  be turned on. But if user decide to turn advanced mode, a new (advanced) options will appear in the menu and all these buttons will be available to use. I know it will introduce a lot of additional programming for you. but think about it
  •  

Menion

I was already thinking about it but this will end with state "hey this is not advanced settings, put it to basic" and opposite :). So I was more think about some lite version of Locus ... anyway, I'll later do something with this ...
  •