Single click "immediate" route create mode

Started by joeloc, December 04, 2011, 12:18:28

Menion

it isn't. X button end whole route creating process. "Clear" button only clear all current added points, so you may start again. And all in one row is not possible. On most phones, seven buttons is too much to single row ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

the "clear all points" function could also be implemented with long-tap on minus button. makes total sense, logically: single tap deletes one point, long tap deletes all points.

-> one button less, only six to go. maybe that fits.
  •  

Menion

hmm good idea ... nice, thanks
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion""Quick add" have always dark background. You may select it whenever you want. Are you able to check it? Just tap on light rectangle next to text "Quick add" till it have green line over it (like on screenshot). Then you'll be able to add points simple by tapping on screen ... so you need to have checked "Quick add" button ...
Thank you Menion! Due to low dimmed display I didn't recognize that there is a check box next to the text. Now I set the tick and quick add of points works. :lol:
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"damn, there much worst problem, try enable gps and screen rotate :) ... hmm I'll release new version soon. I also discovered, that problem with touch during rotation is cause by some issue in android itself. This will be fixed by using OpenGL instead of current 2D system ...
Yeah, I went caching yesterday and was like wth???  when my map starts running across the country ;)
  •  

Menion

heh, sorry for that. I'm trying to do as much speed improvements, that results are ... sometimes unpredictable :D
  •  

crozet

Hi, on my galaxy note2, Android 4.1.1, Fmw N7100XXALJ3, I have trouble in quick add route:
- add route no-quick method: OK, no limit
- add route quick methode: Locus exit sometimes at the 6, 7, 8 or 9th  points (sometimes more 23).
- add route no-quick method and quick method: no limit for quick methode, KO at the first point added with the quick method.

Same problem with or without the S-pen.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "crozet"- add route quick methode: Locus exit sometimes

hi crozet
hmm unfortunately i have to say that i can confirm your problem. :|
have testet in many different ways and sometimes Locus quit or crash.
today after a test i have to reboot my freezed phone.
i can't reproduce this FC in a row.
So i can't create a Clip or a catlog for Menion.
but i will looking for.

thanks crozet, for reporting

Menion

cozet thanks for report, gynta thanks for perfect video + additional information

I'm able to reproduce it also, interesting. In log is only a few lines

11-28 15:28:03.915: I/ActivityManager(2302): Process menion.android.locus.pro (pid 19634) (adj 0) has died.
11-28 15:28:03.930: W/WindowManager(2302): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window android.os.BinderProxy@43575e30 does not exist
11-28 15:28:03.930: W/WindowManager(2302): at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8773)
11-28 15:28:03.930: W/WindowManager(2302): at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8764)
11-28 15:28:03.930: W/WindowManager(2302): at com.android.server.wm.WindowState$DeathRecipient.binderDied(WindowState.java:932)
11-28 15:28:03.930: W/WindowManager(2302): at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:449)
11-28 15:28:03.930: W/WindowManager(2302): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

that's all ... so from this I'm really not able to find problem. Anyway after some testing (and around 10000 added points), I found that it may be caused by flowing of the map to new position. So I changed a code a little and seems that error do not occur again. That anyway do not mean it's not there, because I wasn't able to reproduce it everytime :/ ... so thanks for now and we'll see ;)

EDIT: after next few thousands clicks :) - damn ... it's still there :/
  •