Single click "immediate" route create mode

Started by joeloc, December 04, 2011, 12:18:28

joeloc

hm... on a second thought... my "quick add" points are about 0.5cm below where i actually tap. and that happens with finger & stylus. thats a bit weird, because the touch test app shows the touch screen to be very accurate.
  •  

Menion

thanks guys, i'll look at it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Joe, mistake on my side of course. Should be finally fixed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1250#p7349
  •  

gynta

works now!

btw.
on enabled "map rotate view" doesnt work
i know this now. but...  ;)

Menion

damn I forget to check rotation ... thanks!

hehe adding points to route during rotation is really funny :))

EDIT: gynta thanks, fixed and published
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"damn I forget to check rotation..
and again in v1.15 pro  :mrgreen:

edit:
...but now i cant reproduce... :roll:

Menion

nono, I was playing with it a low, are you sure that there is still problem? It's little bit hard for me to explain, but only issue that should be there is that tapping rectangle that is used to check if you tap on icon or not, is not rotating! So rectangle to check your tap is still from point on north on map. You may see it when you move with center cross over icon during rotation, that it's highlighted not exactly. But for finger tap, there should be no problem
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"..are you sure that there is still problem? ...
No, it is not really a problem for me - but it is still present.
And if I can reproduce it, I'll write it again here.

Menion

damn, there much worst problem, try enable gps and screen rotate :) ... hmm I'll release new version soon. I also discovered, that problem with touch during rotation is cause by some issue in android itself. This will be fixed by using OpenGL instead of current 2D system ...
  •  

tommi

Just tried to use this quick add, too. But I'm not able to enable quick add mode (it is enabled in the menu with confirm and cleanup but it doesn't react if I tab on it).
What am I doing wrong?
  •  

Menion

if is enabled, then just tap on map on any place! this should add point in place you tap. Is this working?

Ah you mean, you're not able to check this button? no matter where you tap, it's still disabled??
  •  

joeloc

works for me... i never rotate though.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"if is enabled, then just tap on map on any place! this should add point in place you tap. Is this working?

Ah you mean, you're not able to check this button? no matter where you tap, it's still disabled??
Exactly.
As long as I added 0 points to the route both Confirm and Clear have a light background. Quick add has a dark background.
If I added the first point (via the left + button) on the map center Clear gets a dark background. If I add a 2nd point Confirm, Clear and Quick add have a dark background.
Quick add always has the dark background but I can't add points by a simple tap on the map. Testwise disabling of "Allow address search" and "Simple multi-touch" doesn't help.
  •  

Menion

"Quick add" have always dark background. You may select it whenever you want. Are you able to check it? Just tap on light rectangle next to text "Quick add" till it have green line over it (like on screenshot). Then you'll be able to add points simple by tapping on screen ... so you need to have checked "Quick add" button ...

[attachment=0:1gwc106u]device-2011-12-18-154115.png[/attachment:1gwc106u]
  •  

joeloc

btw... isnt the clear button in this popup menu the same as the X button in the toolbar?

the popup menu is a bit confusing. why would i press a "settings-like" icon to save my route? in general, it might be better to fit all creating functions into the toolbar directly, eg
plus minus route quick confirm cancel

the huge width scroller on screen top is a bit unnecessary imho. is that really needed so often to warrant that amount of screen space? more useful would be a fancy realtime altitude profile :-).
  •