Display track/route name on map

Started by joeloc, December 02, 2011, 21:12:50

gynta

no, i know how it works  :roll:
but in normalview i also have flashing tracks
i like to disable this completely

Menion

this cannot be true. Are you sure you are completely back? like you have no pseudo 3D?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

if i have troubles with this - yes  ;)

joeloc

the problem is: it's very easy to activate this 3d mode accidently when zooming with two fingers. and then your screen gets all messy on you in the blink of an eye.

i thought enabling "simple multitouch" in settings should forbid the 3d-mode completely, but apparently it doesnt.
  •  

Menion

joe, this works only in test version! if you really worry about it, I'll disable it also in test ... egh ...
  •  

joeloc

there is other stuff that worries me more, a little bit of 3d here and there cannot hurt :). are you moving your whole display engine to opengl btw? and we'll get realtime 3d-maps, smooth like in googleearth? the dem data is freely available...

btw, locus is really quite impressive for a one-man job. or is there a whole team behind you?
  •  

Menion

not yet, but it's "secret" plan on next year. I already know about DEM data (I used them also in school) so I plan to use them ... it just matter of time. Because I don't know OpenGL, it'll take a lot of time anyway. And yes, whole team ... my girlfriend is helping me last cca two months with web ;). I also think that it's nice program for a guy who never studied anything about programming :)
  •  

joeloc

Btw, Locus really becomes very slow and sluggish when a few tracks are enabled, even when they are not visible. That cant be right. Test case: Import single tracks of Gran Canaria from //http://forum.asamm.cz/download/file.php?id=478 , enable them all, then scroll around Prague. Very slow... and nothing to do with acually displaying any pixels.

Solution: a track should calculate and store its bounding box (max left/top/right/bottom coordinate) when imported into your database. Then you can quickly check if it's visible at all with just a few comparisons between screen and bounding box. This way, invisible but enabled tracks will not slow down Locus much.

Other solution: Store all your geospatial data in R-Trees. That will even work for tenthousand enabled tracks :-).
  •  

gynta

agree.
loading some tracks in the testversion - locus slow down.
loading the same tracks on the same map in the proversion and locus works well.

Menion

ah sorry, another mistake in testing version ... bounding boxes are already testing on visibility. This issue caues quite a lot of debug messages that I generate on background ... sorry :) forget on this test version, I'll fix all these issues tomorrow ...
  •