[APP] - version 4.22.+ ( 03/2023 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2024, 16:16:25

Graf Geo

Ok, you should have added that.
I hardly ever use it, so I don't care. But it might be more useful there than with (photo) points.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Tapio on March 20, 2024, 22:06:20
Quote from: Graf Geo on March 20, 2024, 22:04:01I don't see any need for changes here.
Geotagged photos. They're screaming for this change.
I don't use that. I was talking about a normal point to which I have added an image.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Graf Geo

Ok, then I'll repeat myself:
I don't see any need for changes here.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Menion

There seem to be minor crashes, so expect a new bug-fix version today.

@freischneider
problem with lost shaping/navigation points > thanks, got it

@Andrew Heard
I still can't entirely agree with the "Pick on the map" option in the selection dialog. Mainly because it will open another dialog with the map above the map planner. Does not make much sense to me, sorry.

Cross during init > well, it should not be a problem to tap on it. Usually, you should also see a blue loading screen. Not a big problem I believe, but yes, should be somehow blocked together with the hardware back press (just to be safe not to interrupt some main tasks during the start).

Sharing of user points > yes, it is planned. We now need a big switch to "Data manager V2". ETA? September 2024.

@Tapio
preview image size > improved gallery for viewing images is on the way (next month). Making the first image some kind of "Top image" and make it larger. Hmm, interesting idea to consider ...

@jonny.blue
401 error > hmm, it is a 401 HTTP error so it looks like a temporary glitch on the Grounspeak side.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on March 21, 2024, 08:53:19@freischneider
 Problem mit verlorenen Formungs-/Navigationspunkten > Danke, verstanden
The shaping points are now converted correctly.  Thank you

you had written here: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74909#msg74909
"Turn-by-turn instructions for manual segments should be possible"
I would be very happy about this improvement.  It would save me the trouble of converting the shaping points.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 20, 2024, 22:53:23Ok, you should have added that.
I hardly ever use it, so I don't care. But it might be more useful there than with (photo) points
Absolutely because if I walk in an area I once was I could quickly review the photos I took in the area.
Quickly is the point here because out in the wild I don't want to tap a lot. Eg. sometimes I remake photos from the same spot I once was, an easy way to look at a picture is helpful. And currently the bottom panel as in my screenshot above just wastes the space which could be used for the photo.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Quote from: freischneider on March 21, 2024, 18:10:07you had written here: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74909#msg74909
"Turn-by-turn instructions for manual segments should be possible"
I would be very happy about this improvement.  It would save me the trouble of converting the shaping points.

Manual beeline instructions through the clock notation. The clock guiding notation is already known in Locus map for many years.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: 0709 on March 22, 2024, 09:23:37- The clock guiding notation mode is already known in Locus map for many years.
WAIT WUT WHERE
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:guidance#target_notifications
Locus uses the clock notation as a GUIDING direction pointer during OFFTRACK situations.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

T-mo

4.22.1_1127
deja-vu: black bar at top again at initial start, after switching to e.g. settings or route planner it disappears

@clock code instructions:
the only turn instructions that I know and ever read about are those in the tts-file, or alternatively simple beep or vibration patterns.
For my taste i don't prefer this intense differentiation of navigation and guiding and all options, it's more 1 topic and use cases and scenarios and set of options in my opinion. As far as I understood the diffentiation is a hurdle for new users too, but though it is.
  •  

slarti76

Finally found the time to try out new Navigate To/Routeplanner: Liking what I see :), but one thing bothers me:
Say I want to later cycle somewhere, so at home I select the destination, choose NagivateTo, the routeplanner opens, but there's no route, because I have no exact GPS right now, but the starting point is fixed to GPS. So nothing will be calculated until Locus gets a GPS fix.
That was the default in previous version, but there I could just tap on the starting point and e.g. choose my stored Home location.

Yes, there's a workaround (add new waypoint before, choose Home, delete the "Waiting for GPS" point), but that's tedious. Did I overlook something or could that be improved?
  •  

Graf Geo

You can still do this. Simply start the route planner directly instead of "Navigate to", then you can select the starting point on the map.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 25, 2024, 14:37:14You can still do this. Simply start the route planner directly instead of "Navigate to", then you can select the starting point on the map.
Use plan route by instead of navigating.
  •  

T-mo

If home is visible as marker/POI, then simply click on it and then select the start-point-symbol, so it gets used as shaping point and the segment gets calculated.
If not, you can use the 3-dot-menu of 'Waiting for GPS...' and then change location. Be careful to move the map before using 'screen center' as only available select-on-map-choice otherwise you'll get an error as starting and end point is identical. In the past there has been 'select on map', now it's missing though useful and there's plenty of space given..god knows why. Maybe this was the meaningful point in the one discussion.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: T-mo on March 25, 2024, 18:38:00If not, you can use the 3-dot-menu of 'Waiting for GPS...' and then change location.
No, you can't only add before or after. The menu entry "Change location" should also be shown when "Waiting for GPS" is active.
  •