- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
18. 3. 2024 - Locus 4.22.0
21. 3. 2024 - Locus 4.22.1
22. 3. 2024 - Locus 4.22.2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

The problem with changing the shaping point still exists.
Have you overlooked it or are you still working on it?

My mention here:
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74897#msg74897

Request from you here:
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74909#msg74909

My answer with video here:
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74915#msg74915
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

Quotespeed improvement in opening the "Set the main directory" screen
thanks for improvement, now it takes ~4 min for me, half the time as before
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Graf Geo

Thanks a lot for the release, Menion. According to my initial tests, it looks good! No more problems with the red circles. Addresses are updated in the route planner when dragging and adding points. No more nonsensical track time values when recalculating and "overwriting" a route. Perfect.

Only the German translation of "collapse/expand" is not ideal. Perhaps "einklappen/ausklappen" or "zusammenfassen/erweitern" would be better. SCHLIESSEN is more like "close".

I can confirm the error reported by freischneider, it still occurs.
SG S10, Android 12

michaelbechtold

Congrats to Menion and team, this is an incredibly heavy release!

The /Android/media option is really key to get the Android 11+, but in particular the Android 13+ mess under control, for people who cannot or do not want to employ the AFA version.
Adding this /Android/media feature for the SRTM folder is cool and essential to allow people to feed elevation data as they wish (like the Sonny 1" LIDAR data :-)

Cheers
Michael

PS: leaves the search challenges ... see current posts in other thread.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion "Missing Select from screen > why do you miss this option? You do it directly in Route planner - picking from the map screen." https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74953#msg74953 - I couldn't quote you because the topic was locked.

A few times while testing the new offline route planner I wished there was the option. For example (even in writing this reply) the route planner now shows bottom panel "+ Select start" & "+ Select destination" > I tap Select start > and here straight way I have no option to select an ad-hoc position on the map? Isn't this sufficient reason, and consistent with other places where "Select from screen" is unhidden?

Yes, as you say in your later post https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8743.msg74958#msg74958, I can tap the map direct, but once the user has displayed the "Select location" list, for whatever reason, I don't see a reason not to display the method.

Just curious - what happens if I tap the cross X? Should the startup Initializing screen have this X?
You cannot view this attachment.

Installed MapGooglePlay_4.22.0_1126_release.apk and now I'm apparently not a subscribed Premium/ Gold user - what's happened? PS. a few hours later - tapped on main menu > Locus Store, and it fixed the issue. Weird. Never seen this before.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 18, 2024, 20:06:04Only the German translation of "collapse/expand" is not ideal. Perhaps "einklappen/ausklappen"

done, see next version ;)
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Graf Geo

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 19, 2024, 04:42:25Just curious - what happens if I tap the cross X? Should the startup Initializing screen have this X?

In rare cases, it may be useful to cancel the start process, e.g. if you have started Locus by mistake. However, I have never used this - especially as Locus usually starts very quickly. Perhaps the X is a relic from earlier times, when the starting process took considerably longer.  :) 
SG S10, Android 12

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 19, 2024, 10:04:32it may be useful to cancel the start process, e.g. if you have started Locus by mistake
quite unconventional; canceling half way through some operation could lead to other problems; I'm thinking the cross is just a relic.

A recent update to the Web Planner allowed map points to be shared but still not user points (just when I wanted to share one). Is this being considered? Vote @ https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/31212-allow-share-of-point-in-web-planner-just-like-sharing-a-track
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

When tapping an image, the primary interest is to view the image. I think if it initially came up with a bigger preview this would already be good enough for previewing. The tiny preview not so much What do you think? I suggest full width stretch (and cut top/bottom to keep initial panel size predictable). IMO this would make picture viewing a much better experience! It's currently a bit lacking and clunky.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

jonny.blue

I want to upload my fieldnotes ... but an error occurs.
Where and how could this be solved?

Ops 🤔... after three attempts it suddenly was working.👍
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Tapio on March 20, 2024, 14:50:41When tapping an image, the primary interest is to view the image. I think if it initially came up with a bigger preview this would already be good enough for previewing. The tiny preview not so much What do you think? I suggest full width stretch (and cut top/bottom to keep initial panel size predictable). IMO this would make picture viewing a much better experience! It's currently a bit lacking and clunky.
The preview larger....yes and no. Then I see less of the other information and have to scroll earlier.
When I click on the image it becomes large. The whole screen width. But when I rotate the phone, the image is not rotated.
I could view the image even larger by rotating it.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on March 20, 2024, 19:02:40The preview larger....yes and no. Then I see less of the other information
But think about it, do you tap a picture to see it? Or to read the address and what else is there... I am convinced primary use case is to see the picture. And its dedicated view is not fun. You cannot directly go to another one.
Yes I'm aware about rotation, pictures aspect ratio etc. It's solvable.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Graf Geo

Quote from: Tapio on March 20, 2024, 14:50:41When tapping an image, the primary interest is to view the image. I think if it initially came up with a bigger preview this would already be good enough for previewing. The tiny preview not so much What do you think? I suggest full width stretch (and cut top/bottom to keep initial panel size predictable). IMO this would make picture viewing a much better experience! It's currently a bit lacking and clunky.

Hm, for me the image (or the images, if there are several) in the point menu is large enough. I still want to be able to read the information about the point, also because I often add a description. And when I click on the image in the menu, it is displayed screen-wide. Exactly as you have drawn it.

Or do you mean the image as an icon on the map? When I click on it, the info menu for the point appears, which is completely correct for me.

I don't see any need for changes here.
SG S10, Android 12
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Graf Geo on March 20, 2024, 22:04:01I don't see any need for changes here.
Geotagged photos. They're screaming for this change.
  •