LoRouter customization & warnings

Started by Menion, August 25, 2023, 16:07:23

Menion

I would like to introduce one major improvement we are preparing now.

Starting version
Test: Beta 4.18.2.2.
Production: 4.19.0?

Customization
We all know customization options for offline LoRouter & BRouter like "Wet conditions", "Avoid highways" etc.
Improvements we bring are the same options also for the online router + inner flexible system that will bring more customizations, firstly for online, later offline router.

Now we also introduce the first "Terrain tailor" parameter that allows customization of the required MTB track difficulty (currently only for online LoRouter).

You cannot view this attachment.

Please keep in mind, that I plan soon completely rewrite the screen with the setup of routers & routing parameters (screenshot above) so excuse UI & its usability for now.

Warnings
Because along the route, there are usually a lot of important and problematic places, the app will try to inform you about it. So now you may see these places as icons or cross-lines along the planned and saved route.

You cannot view this attachment.

Currently also only over the online LoRouter.

---

This is the kind of feature that will never be done. There will always be something more to report or customize. We already have quite a long list of parameters we want to add there. Suggestions are of course welcome, but are not too important for now. Important is to have a working reliable system that is prepared for adding new parameters. Thanks for reading!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

The first test was bad for me. I set Smooth and then roted over a S2 trail. It took the S2 trail even though it could have taken an easier trail. and it didn't display a warning.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

What is behind the difficulties Smooth, Rolling, Varied....
It must be parameters from the OSM database. MTB Scale STS (S0-S5) or Imba (0-4)
If Smooth is S0 and Rolling S1 etc. then one should write a S0 or S1 in brackets behind it.
These are international units that every MTBer can use.
If no MTB Scale (STS) is maintained but an IMBA (30% of the cases). Then the IMBA should be used.
The most common translation is this
STS, IMBA
S0, IMBA0 Easiest (white circle)
S1, IMBA1 Easy (green circle)
S2, IMBA2 More Difficult (blue square),
S3, IMBA3 Very Difficult (black diamond)
S4, IMBA4 Extremely Difficult (double black diamond)

(S6 is not relevant)

https://www.openandromaps.org/oam-forums/topic/mtb-trail-imba-schweirigkeitsgrad
  •  

balloni55

for me this new slider is not displayed and when i click on the wrench > active profile > locus FC
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: balloni55 on August 26, 2023, 19:29:33for me this new slider is not displayed and when i click on the wrench > active profile > locus FC
me neither - I'm not sure where it is displayed. I also checked web planner.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
thanks! This is on @Radim V as he is behind the main logic here.

@balloni55 & @Andrew Heard
"Tools" menu should not be visible for online setup, removed, thanks.
And visible slider > it is currently only for "MTB profile". But seems you see other ("is wet") parameters, good, so it should work.

balloni55

Quoteit is currently only for "MTB profile"
thank you, your screenshot with the red arrow which started at "Touring" was misleading
Locus Map 4.23.1.2 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

Appreciate the step to customize profile-settings/parameters by using UI-controls.
For bicycle-profiles I would love to see a stick-to-cycle-routes option 8)

See attached picture of online-router bicycle-road-profile.
It really puts me on the road, which I know, heavy traffic, somewhere where you don't want to drive. I prefer the given bicycle-lane  ;)  :)
Only choosed it for testing and result with touring-profile was different and less practical route through town, with road it is 99% my preferred route.

btw what do those crosses mean?
  •  

freischneider

The Cycling trip profile has the Steps allowed parameter. This should also be added for MTB.
I would add a slider here with 4 settings.
1. steps (stairs) not allowed
2. few steps (short steps) allowed
3. steps (stairs) downhill allowed
4. steps (stairs) uphill allowed

I would choose anything with less than 3 or 4 steps as short steps or few steps. If this is not specified in OSM, then less than 1.2 meters.
If a segment is actively selected or there is no other option, the router should still route this route and a warning Stairs is issued.
I would generally issue the Stairs warning even if Stairs allowed is selected.
  •  

freischneider

I have tried routing with the LoRouter without my own shaping points. I set a starting point and then had a circular route suggested. The MTB profile was set. Latest beta from 19.01.2024.
The route is very bad. It runs on roads although there is a gravel path in parallel and even an MTB trail with S1 (red-blue).

I have set all shaping points myself in the past to force the path. I thought I would try again to see if the profile got better. But unfortunately it still doesn't suggest any good MTB trails. So I will probably do everything by hand as I have done since then.
  •  

Radim V

Quote from: freischneider on January 19, 2024, 19:44:45I have tried routing with the LoRouter without my own shaping points. I set a starting point and then had a circular route suggested. The MTB profile was set. Latest beta from 19.01.2024.
The route is very bad. It runs on roads although there is a gravel path in parallel and even an MTB trail with S1 (red-blue).

I have set all shaping points myself in the past to force the path. I thought I would try again to see if the profile got better. But unfortunately it still doesn't suggest any good MTB trails. So I will probably do everything by hand as I have done since then.

Hi, freischneider
Here is a link to the first half of the route from the attached txt file.
https://link.locusmap.app/r/5o6vai
I can see some places where maybe the cycling route does not need to be strictly followed (while riding MTB).
Please show specifically what is wrong here.
The red blue path we see on your screenshot is followed. (Althougt a path is not followed just because somebody mapped its mtb difficulty).

freischneider

Quote from: Radim V on January 23, 2024, 20:25:25Hallo Freischneider.
Hier ist ein Link zur ersten Hälfte der Route aus der beigefügten TXT-Datei.
https://link.locusmap.app/r/5o6vai
 Ich kann einige Stellen sehen, an denen die Radroute möglicherweise nicht strikt eingehalten werden muss (beim MTB-Fahren).
Bitte zeigen Sie konkret auf, was hier falsch ist.
Dem rot-blauen Pfad, den wir auf Ihrem Screenshot sehen, wird gefolgt. (Allerdings wird einem Weg nicht gefolgt, nur weil jemand seinen MTB-Schwierigkeitsgrad kartiert hat).

In her case, it's also okay.

You write: (However, a trail is not followed just because someone has mapped its MTB difficulty level).
I partly agree with that. A trail that has a mapped MTB difficulty is always a preferred trail for MTB. Otherwise it would not have been mapped.
A trail with S1 is always preferable to a trail without S1
A path with S1 is also preferable to a gravel path, etc.

I have noticed that it makes a difference whether I route from A to B or whether I have a circular route suggested to me.
The route selection is worse for the circular route. That's why your example is ok.
I will prepare an example.
  •  

freischneider

First I entered point A in the router and then point B. As a result, the router routed as expected on the S0 (blue) route. It is a narrow path in the forest.
The next time I entered point A in the router again. But this time I went to "Suggest circular route". See picture for settings.
This time the router used the paved road. But I don't want that as an MTB. For road bikes, yes.
  •  

freischneider

I was not allowed to attach the last picture. So here it is.
  •  

Menion

@freischneider , for your info. BRouter (or extension as LoRouter) does not have the "Suggest circular route" feature implemented. So for this, we use the "GraphHopper" service. This difference is not clearly visible, sorry for this. You may notice it when selecting the routing type in thsi "Suggest circular route" feature. In that moment, you may notice that you select the profile in the GraphHopper service and not the LoRouter.