[Theme] Tapiola

Started by Tapio, June 26, 2023, 16:20:18

Henk van der Spek

With and without protected area's setting. The greener one has the setting on.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Tapio

I'll make changes to this, maybe a pattern, other border, different color, will see.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

@tapio - suggestion - given your theme is for cyclists, optionally display bike parking as POI? Attached is map around OSM node https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6804728475. Maybe I have missed a theme setting? Online LM route planner correctly displays the bike park @ https://web.locusmap.app/en/?lat=-42.883736&lng=147.333798&z=19&map=hikeBike (although it is tiny, nearly invisible), as does online bikerouter @ https://brouter.m11n.de/#map=19/-42.88322/147.33309/standard.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

A quick test showed me that amenity=bicycle_parking is not included in OAM...

And (2015): https://www.openandromaps.org/oam-forums/topic/inclusion-of-bicycle_parking

EDIT: Haha, lol - you kept 3 theme authors busy with this 😁

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on January 17, 2024, 16:30:20A quick test showed me that amenity=bicycle_parking is not included in OAM...
that's a shame (weird) isn't it - the one time I want to find bike parking in a bike-friendly GPS app, and I luck out ;-( Thanks for trying.
  •  

Andrew Heard

My apologies @tapio (so many ways in Locus to do things) - as mentioned elsewhere I can instead search LoPoints(offline) > Hiking & Cycling > Bicycle parking. It works. Although as general comment, the LoPoints unfortunately blend in very well in this use-case, with the overall clutter of a map, so nearly impossible to see. There could be a "high contrast" set of icons for temporary searched LoPoints.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I've moved the discussion back from https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7000.msg74312#msg74312.

Quote from: Tapio on January 19, 2024, 11:06:03You probably know this is possible in Tapiola ("Basic features without POI" has this use case in mind).
@Tapio - to be honest, I'd forgotten, as your "all features" theme is "just" part of my "tapio" preset. Your "basic" is cleaner than LM road, so I've now adopted it as my theme for my "simple" preset, although it could be even simpler. I may investigate later...

Quote from: Tapio on January 19, 2024, 11:06:03And I had a related suggestion, but IIRC Menion disagreed: Add Offline/Online Lopoi setting to presets. Because then you can easily a) turn on the theme (which displays no poi at all) + b) turn on lopoi.
help topic link?
  •  

Andrew Heard

@tapio - I've created a simple theme so that temporary LoPoints are more visible, and background "clutter" is avoided. Gee - I didn't realize how complicated these themes are. How are they modified? Some special theme editor? It is so tedious & error prone using a plain text editor.
  •  

Tapio

I can only speak for myself.

Most changes I do on Android, with QuickEdit+. I make edits on an extra file /_themes/Tapiola.xml, which I then copy (Totalcmd) into /_themes/Tapiola.zip/Tapiola/Tapiola.xml - then re-apply theme in Locus for testing.

On PC, far better overview, code folding etc. I use (MS Visual Studio) Codium. Sometimes PSPad. I copy the xml with Totalcmd/Android (accessing a Windows share) into the zip file.

No, no specific theme editor.

Yes. Every syntax error results in a blank display. Reminds me of my Perl job years ago. Syntax error results in http/500, internal server error.

Tapio

•  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 20, 2024, 06:12:56I've created a simple theme so that temporary LoPoints are more visible, and background "clutter" is avoided.
Hiding all buildings is probably the key here. BTW, a) is that Lomaps? b) please share the svg icon/source of bike parking?

Attached: My theme without buildings. Option # 4833186 😂 in "All features".
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Tapio on January 20, 2024, 12:12:17No, no specific theme editor.
@tapio - super impressive effort; and all the theme editors - 1000's of hand written rules with no compiler/ syntax checker/ or instant viewer. Like hand coding hex in machine language without an assembler even. I imagine a program where the screen shows a map with every type of point, every type of way, every type of relation; a syntax-checking editor below like Visual Studio where any change if reflected in the updated map. I'm dreaming.

Quote from: Tapio on January 20, 2024, 12:24:22Forum... searched and found it. AFAICS Menion didn't notice/comment. https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8572.msg73222#msg73222
sadly not

Quote from: Tapio on January 20, 2024, 12:41:14a) is that Lomaps? b) please share the svg icon/source of bike parking?
no, it's my super-cutdown-simple theme; there are no references to SVG files in the theme and I removed all street names

Quote from: Tapio on January 20, 2024, 12:41:14Attached: My theme without buildings. Option # 4833186 😂 in "All features".
I unchecked all settings in your "All features" but it still shows building outlines. is that a feature in a version newer than 1.3.8?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on January 20, 2024, 21:17:19there are no references to SVG files in the theme and I removed all street names
I asked because there are bike parking icons in your screenshot and amenity=bike_park is not in OAM. So what map is it and where does the icon originate from?

Yes, 1.3.9. Did you use the theme file I attached?!
  •  

Tapio

v1.3.9

• Option to hide buildings
  • Excavator to Misc category (so now all POIs, if I didn't miss any, can be hidden)
  • XML validity fixes
  • Minor fixes

Guys, I am interested if the "Install latest" in my signature works for you. There's some url forwarding going on and for me it did not consistently work, Locus reported a connect error.

T-mo

Quote from: Tapio on January 21, 2024, 11:58:43v1.3.9
Guys, I am interested if the "Install latest" in my signature works for you. There's some url forwarding going on and for me it did not consistently work, Locus reported a connect error.
Worked like a charm, see screenshot below. I am using LM4-AFA and checked date of zip and included Tapiola.xml, it's 1 3.9.
Thanks, currently my favourite theme due to chosen colours and also very functional.
(always have to edit my posts afterwards to add pictures)
  •